Jan 22, 2006, 01:52 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Total standard motor setup with a PQ 1800 2S pack.
Last edited by Up&Away; Jan 22, 2006 at 02:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2006, 02:08 AM
I was not entirely honest. The motor setup is standard, but can you spot the mod?
Jan 23, 2006, 01:01 PM
Aerodynamically challenged
Here's my EZG. Used AXI 2808/24, CC35,11x7 CAM folder,TP2220mah 3s, JR R700 Rx. Good vertical and hauls my video cam aloft easily. Have to post a vid as soon as I can figure out how to download to my PC. Used Wal Mart acrylic paints. Needed to come up with a high vis scheme for my poor eyesight! Can't make out a white plane against clouds too well. Colors must work well as the EZG has been spotted twice by low flying light planes and they both circled a few times and we waggled wings together! Cool stuff.
Last edited by 3Deranged; Apr 26, 2011 at 11:22 PM.
Jan 24, 2006, 10:43 PM
Aerodynamically challenged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away
I was not entirely honest. The motor setup is standard, but can you spot the mod?
I spot a wheel hanging out of the bottom. Good job! How's that mod working? I just used packing tape on the bottom. Do you use wingtip skids to cut down on groundlooping or maybe that's half the fun?! Mine likes to grab a weed or clump of grass and spin around sometimes but usually slides for a ways before stopping. Have fun!
Jan 25, 2006, 01:54 AM
I have fibertaped the bottom of the fuse. The wheel was an after thought, after I had flown for a couple of months. I'd allways wanted a glider with landing gear...
Ofcourse now I must land more exact. Before I would just dump her anywhere on the grass. Now I have to aim (and hit) the runway...
I have no wingtip skids (apart from some fibertape to protect the tips and LE. Anyway, at the speed I land there is not much of a rollout.
Jan 26, 2006, 02:08 AM
Carl
Here's my EGE... Fluoro paint scheme inspired by NumbThumbs!! I'm normally a person to customise and personalise everything (note the GWS P51 with flaps and film covering in the background!!) but I liked NumbThumbs scheme so much and couldn't think of anything else I could do to improve it! LOL! Although I havn't painted the whole of the bottom of the wing Fluro, only the tips like the top. I thought I'd add the stickers anyway, and I think she's turned out looking quite nice.

I havn't maidened yet. I was planning to this morning (when this photos was taken) but there was a little too much wind for my liking (16-18kph in the gusts) for a maiden.

Power setup is stock and planning to try it with a 1550mah (15C) 2S lipo for starters and perhaps go up to 3S if need be, I'm not after a hotliner, just enough gusto to get some height... and drawing only 8A at WOT (static) the pack ought to last a while in flight.
Mar 08, 2006, 02:09 AM
Thread OP
I felt the thread needed a bump...
Great planes though everyone! Keep em' coming!
Mar 28, 2006, 10:22 PM
Senior User

OK, my turn to bump it...

Mine is the stock sticker scheme, but my shots are all action shots, so hopefully that makes up for lack of color.

Looking at some of the photos, I DO wonder how I'm going to swap motors without ripping the fuse apart and causing damage...
Mar 30, 2006, 03:01 AM
I think there are now 5 flying around in Israel.

Here are three of them:
Apr 01, 2006, 08:03 PM
Quiet Power

Can Anybody respond to these questions?

How to best paint the elapor so it doesn't flake or crack?

I am referring to the painting questions on previous page.
Apr 02, 2006, 01:53 AM
Costath,

There's no perfect solution that I've found to get around that issue with EPP foam. It really doesn't take any kind of paint perfectly and permantly. Its not so much the flaking and cracking, but the abuse the finsh takes from landing on grass or otherwise abrasive surfaces. Sprays are the best way to keep it light but you have to be real careful about the propellant used in the cans. A spray that says that its acryllic ie. "foam safe", can have a caustic effect on the foam from just the type of propellant alone. Get some extra EPP foam and test the paint first, before you spray your plane!

I chose to paint mine with a brush on acryllic from Hobby Lobby. (the department store, not the good folks in Kentucky) The brand name is Van Gogh, and its about $3 a tube. (its on sale right now for about $2 a tube) Its pretty durable, but with any paint you'll need to keep some extra on hand for touch-ups if you want to keep your plane looking like new. Its pretty thick so it goes on nice and evenly, but of course, it'll weigh a bit more than a spray.

IMHO: If you want to do accents to sharpen up the looks of your plane, go with a brush on. If you're going to paint more than half the plane, do an aerosol. I remember reading that Testors acryllics work well, but as I said before, test it first.

I hope this points you in the right direction.

- Mike
Apr 02, 2006, 02:16 AM
Quiet Power
Mike
I'm Gonna go all out. I just ordered an airbrush. Just another dimension to the hobby.

Seems like the way to go is to give any epp, elapor or other type of foam a light coat of water based paint first to seal it. Do your color painting and then give it a final coat of water based polyurethene.

I picked up some killer airbrush paints today at Michaels (local craft shop). Glossy Flouescent yellow, pink, green & orange.

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate any/all ideas out there.
Happy Flying

Tom
Apr 17, 2006, 09:31 PM
Trying to defy gravity...
Here's my contribution:

Motor: Multiplex BL-480/6G
Prop: AeroNaut 14 X 10 w/40mm spinner
ESC: CC35
Battery: Poly Quest 3S 2200
Receiver: Hitec Micro 05S
Servos: HS81/HS55

Paint is Rustoleum Floro Red/Orange. Bottom wing invasion stripes done with Rustoleum Flat Black.

Jimsky
Apr 22, 2006, 06:31 PM
uhhh....this thing on?
Anyone convery an EG to an EGE ? Seems just cutting the nose off to accomodate a motor, is all that is needed. Plus some weight in the tail, as the EG doesn't have the marble weight in the tail.

Quick Reply