Jun 05, 2002, 05:39 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Thread OP

Hitec Eclipse 7 GLID mode Programming Bug Announcement.

A programming bug has been discovered in GLID mode of the Hitec Eclipse 7 transmitter. Apparently in GLID mode, it is impossible to use channel #3 as the slave in a P-mix. When this is attempted, the transmitters software will lock-up and freeze until the radio is switched off, and then back on, after which the user will find the P-mix to be “un-programmed” and the radio operating normally again.

This was brought to our attention by a user attempting to “pull” the 6ch. flap function out of a 5 channel receiver. Let it be known, this is not recommended and if ch. 6 and or ch. 7 is required for your airframe functions, use an appropriate receiver like the 8 channel Hitec Supreme or Super Slim products.

Hitec apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2002, 05:53 PM
You guys leave no stone unturned when it comes to great customer service.
Thanks for the heads up!
RB
Jun 13, 2002, 06:17 PM
Everyday normal guy.

Other Bugs ???

Anyone else having their Eclipse lockup when using the trim tabs?

I had mine completely lockup/freeze the transmitter on three seperate occasions. Luckily for me, these lockups all occured on the ground.

So, how about it? Anyone else seen this problem?

Don
Jun 13, 2002, 08:49 PM
Actually my trim functions would lock up too. I think it was the elevator trim. It would trim only one way instead of both. But this only happened when the antenna was out. Put the antenna down and it worked fine. I sent it in and it is since back and working fine.

Josh
Jun 14, 2002, 12:59 AM
Professional Goofball
Only Bug I have found with any Hitec radio is when I setup my Zagi and Wedgie on my Eclipse 7, it wants to force the plain into a roll when you give the elevator stick full up. I have seen this with three different hitec radios on four different flying wings. When you go to do a loop and give it full up it snaps. I can't remember which directions but it does it quite violently. Is there something I can do to fix this??? Do Hitec radios have to be setup up special when you engage elevon mode???

Just for the info. The receivers range from Hitec, JR and Futaba. and all do the same thing.
Jun 14, 2002, 09:18 AM
OCModels, that is a classic symptom of too much elevator. It has nothing to do with the radio; ALL airplanes will snap roll with too much elevator.

Now, I realize in another thread that you say your Futaba and JR radios don't do this, but are you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT sure that the elevator throw is EXACTLY the same? It doesn't take much difference.

Now that I've thought about it for a minute, I do remember that my Hitec radio gives more elevator throw than aileron throw when using it in elevon mode.

Try reducing the elevator ATV a little.

Quick Reply