Dec 26, 2005, 06:48 AM
All Thumbs
Thread OP
Discussion

Bladeless

Well, a friend and I were messing around with the CX outdoors last night, after a few beers, and let me warn you, don't get too far from your CX. He flew that thing about 20 ft up and was quite a bit away from where we were standing and it just disappeared. We did find the tail boom and the seriously mangled flybar but that's all I have left of it, aside from the transmitter.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2005, 08:05 AM
Sorry to hear that...
With the antenna in a roll as it is, only reception for close in flying of course...
Dec 26, 2005, 09:32 AM
All Thumbs
Thread OP
I knew that, and I assumed that my more experienced friend would too. Live and learn I guess.
Dec 26, 2005, 09:50 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
ya know,strangest thing happened to me,went outside to get morning paper,and there,on my lawn was a bcx,it was missing the flybar ,and tail boom,other than that,it was ok! what a coincidence!!!
Dec 26, 2005, 09:57 AM
All Thumbs
Thread OP
Dang, these things will go farther than I thought.
Dec 26, 2005, 10:17 AM
I thought aliens were monitoring our threads for our latest technology and got so curious they needed a sample.
Dec 26, 2005, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE
Dec 26, 2005, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney7783
after a few beers, and let me warn you.
Drinking & Driving?
The old adage "Alcohol may have been a factor"
Jan 03, 2006, 09:57 PM
I know,,,after just a few beers 7-8 this thing gets harder to fly!!!!!
Jan 04, 2006, 03:51 AM
Time wounds all heels.
Almost all of my favorite stories start out...

"Me and my buddy/brother/cousin were drinking Miller Lite..."

I worked for Lexus for years, and one day a guy comes in to buy a small SUV. He was from almost 1500 miles away from our dealership, and I asked him what brought him out so far to purchase. Turns out the guy was a professional bass-fisherman replacing an Acura that his insurance company had totaled. Then he told me the whole story.

Here is an almost verbatim account.

"...one day me and my cousin were drinking Miller Lite, and talking about how the Acura MDX was supposed to be sealed 10" up the door frame so's you can cross rivers and such. He swore it couldnt, I swore it could. He said prove it. So we drove down the boat ramp to see if it worked. We got to about 7" up the door when the engine died. Musta sucked 3 gallons into the engine. We laughed and laughed and had another Miller. Guess it might have been a good idea to back down that ramp, huh? Thank goodness my insurance company has a sense of humor, too."

Jan 20, 2006, 01:44 AM
it seems difficult to estimate for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney7783
Dang, these things will go farther than I thought.

Quick Reply