New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2005, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by Flyboy03051
Discussion

T-hawk optional 54" wing

Has anyone tried the optional 54" wing on the T-hawk ? I purchased one and have been unable to get the T-hawk to fly correctly with it. It always turns to the right and utlimelty nose dives. The T-hawk flys great with the regular wing so I think there is just something wrong with the wing. I checked the wing by lieing flat on table and one side looks (by eye) to be higher than the other but not sure if i can adjust it correctly. Any suggestion?

Also I thought I saw a mod on the T-hawk that had a piece of rubber on the nose to soften/dampen crash damage but can't find it now.

Bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2005, 12:18 AM
Find More Posts by Spencer J
Suspended Account
A wise idea is to take a hair dryer or something, and blow hot air overf the wing, to soften it. then , bend back the wing you think it should be in. just be caureful not to change the airfoil. I did this once on a replacment firebird cammander wing
Old Dec 27, 2005, 08:03 PM
Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
Elfi Flyer
Stay with the original T-Hawk wing. The plane flies as good, if not better, on the original wing. You can beef up the orignal wing to make it much stronger. There is a description on this modification elsewhere. I will try to get the link for you.

RD
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Dec 27, 2005, 08:21 PM
Find More Posts by Flyboy03051

Nose protection ?

Any ideas for protecting the nose?

Has anyone used carbon fiber tape to stregthen the wing tips?
Old Dec 27, 2005, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
Elfi Flyer
Flyboy:

Here is the link to the modified T-Hawk thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376995

RD
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac