Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 21, 2005, 01:26 PM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
Discussion

MiniMag from Multiplex


My X-Mas present arrived just in time.

The MiniMag is the latest creation from the popular Elapor-Series from Multiplex and it looks like we have got another winner.

Jürgen
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Mar 04, 2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Changed category - no longer a "New Product"
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2005, 01:33 PM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
What you see is what you get - plus a comprehensive instruction manual of course:
Dec 21, 2005, 01:55 PM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
For those who are interested in the weights of the components:

Fuselage (RH): 55.1g
Fuselage (LH): 55.4g
Canopy: 8.9g
Stab: 19.1g
Fin: 9.4g
Wing: 111.9g

Jürgen
Dec 21, 2005, 02:08 PM
Registered User
Avanti's Avatar
Hi Jürgen,

hast Du einen speziellen Draht zu Multiplatsch oder wie kommst Du jetzt schon an dieses Teil?

Do you have a direct connection to MPX? I've seen the model in the last info from them, but it will be delivered in january.

Ernst
Dec 21, 2005, 03:15 PM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avanti
Hi Jürgen,
...
Do you have a direct connection to MPX? I've seen the model in the last info from them, but it will be delivered in january.

Ernst
As the representative of the German Model Flying Association (DMFV) for Slow Flyers, I have of course also good contacts to German model manufacturers.

Jürgen
Dec 21, 2005, 03:41 PM
strawcuter
Jurgen, Merry Christmas. Do you have any idea when the plane will make it to the USA. I am working on a Magister but am concerned about my ability to fly it. I see the MiniMag as my way into flying ailieron models.

Bob
Dec 21, 2005, 03:49 PM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawcuter
Jurgen, Merry Christmas. Do you have any idea when the plane will make it to the USA. I am working on a Magister but am concerned about my ability to fly it. I see the MiniMag as my way into flying ailieron models.

Bob
Hi Bob,

Sorry, but I have no idea when the first MinMags will be available in the USA.

What other models have you flown successfully so far?

Jürgen
Dec 21, 2005, 03:52 PM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
The name MiniMag might be misleading a bit. Despite being much smaller than the Magister, the MiniMag is still a decent sized model - see the MiniMag next to my EasyStar:
Dec 21, 2005, 06:02 PM
Whats going on Guys???
Elite's Avatar
WOW!!!
That looks cool I have been looking at a magister for my first ailieron plane but as I live in New Zealand I would need to have it shipped over and do not realy want to do that.And the magister is so large it would be hard to store it.
I wonder if and when these will get to New zealand.
Dec 21, 2005, 10:34 PM
Registered User

how it rates compared to...............


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Hi Bob,.............What other models have you flown successfully so far? Jürgen
Jurgen, I'd be interested (after you fly it, maybe) to know where it rates in "ease of flying" easier than, harder than, or in between the EZGlider and the EZStar, and maybe even the TwinStar. And I'm not holding you to scientific accountability, but hoping for general "impressions".

You are so lucky to very often be in the group of "firsts" to try these new things.

Regards,
LarryR
Dec 21, 2005, 10:47 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
jiggiba's Avatar

E-Starter Killer


Looks great. The new Twin Star hit the USA quickly so there is hope for this one. It's on my "List".
Dec 21, 2005, 11:38 PM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
Jurgen, I'd be interested (after you fly it, maybe) to know where it rates in "ease of flying" easier than, harder than, or in between the EZGlider and the EZStar, and maybe even the TwinStar. And I'm not holding you to scientific accountability, but hoping for general "impressions".

You are so lucky to very often be in the group of "firsts" to try these new things.

Regards,
LarryR
Hi Larry,

The Easy Star is probably the best model for a beginner. As a second model he (or she ) had to chose between the Easy Glider or the Twin Star II. Both models are much bigger and need different batteries. For those who don't want to go the Easy Glider route, the new MiniMag might just be the right model. I hope to have the model ready for our clubs New Year Fly In.

Jürgen
Dec 21, 2005, 11:59 PM
Registered User

2nd step?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Hi Larry,
The Easy Star is probably the best model for a beginner. As a second model he (or she ) had to chose between the Easy Glider or the Twin Star II. Both models are much bigger and need different batteries. For those who don't want to go the Easy Glider route, the new MiniMag might just be the right model. I hope to have the model ready for our clubs New Year Fly In.
Jürgen
So, stated another way, start with EZStar............ and THEN have a good and kinda "equal" choice between EZGlider and Mini-Mag as the second plane??? Just trying to understand......... If I'm right, then one is on the list for ME, tooooooooooo.

Smiling,
LarryR
Dec 22, 2005, 08:23 AM
Registered User
Did you get a set of the floats? This plane is at the top of my list for 06.
Dec 22, 2005, 08:59 AM
Lifetime Member
JohnM's Avatar
Does anyone know what the wing area is for this plane? I'm trying to load some data into Motocalc.

John


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skycat from Multiplex RArch Foamies (Kits) 143 Nov 20, 2002 06:01 PM
White Shark from Multiplex Jurgen Heilig Foamies (Kits) 19 May 14, 2002 02:36 PM
Not Just New Pictures, but New TJs from MULTIPLEX James Frolik Foamies (Kits) 0 Feb 02, 2002 03:50 PM
Warning: check postage rates when ordering from Multiplex!! crazythumbs Vendor Talk 5 Jul 13, 2001 11:31 PM
Warning: check postage rates when ordering from Multiplex!! crazythumbs Foamies (Kits) 1 Jul 09, 2001 08:52 PM