Sep 05, 2001, 09:41 PM

Herr Mini-sport

Has any one built the Mini-sport yet can't find anything under search. I know I lost about 10 postings but I guess we did loose a few days from the crash! Would be nice to know how they build and what I want to know is how they FLY?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2001, 12:29 AM
I built one. Tips: Be very careful not to warp the wings when covering. Even slight warping can cause you a lot of headaches. If possible, use something like Oracover Light from Hobby Lobby rather than a standard weight covering. Also, I recommend you reinforce the landing gear. Suggest replacing the balsa ribs and sister members that hold the gear in place with 1/16" ply. Weight difference is insignificant, but much stronger. In terms of performance, the plane is fairly fast; I don't think it belongs in the "slow flyer" category -- in this case park flyer is a much more apt description. Anyway, it would be a handful for a novice. Loops easily from level flight... Noticed the plane had a tendency to stall in tight turns.
Sep 06, 2001, 08:55 AM
I second rkissin,

Still working on getting mine straightend out. Definitly reinforce the landing gear. When I get mine flying I'm adding "conventional" gear that will bolt to the fusalage, probably aluminum or carbon fiber.

Plane goes together easily. Be careful with the wing. A small warp appears to affect the flying tremendously. Plane has good power with stock setup.

Tim
Sep 06, 2001, 10:46 AM
I have watched this kit on the Herr site for a while and would like to build one. I see you can order them directly from Herr now, are any Hobby shops carring them yet?

Thanks,
David
Sep 06, 2001, 11:06 AM
DNA
DNA

David,

I ordered it from Herr and had it on my doorstep in 5 days.
Sep 06, 2001, 11:25 AM
www.toddsmodels.com
Quote:
Originally posted by nalondivad:
I have watched this kit on the Herr site for a while and would like to build one. I see you can order them directly from Herr now, are any Hobby shops carring them yet?

Thanks,
David
I have them in stock and all the accessories you need.

Todd
www.toddsmodels.com

Sep 06, 2001, 04:46 PM
What's the URL for the Herr site?

thx.
Sep 06, 2001, 08:14 PM
DNA
DNA
www.iflyherr.com