New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2002, 06:41 PM
Find More Posts by Ben74

NSP's ASW-28?

anyone have any knowledge of the 2 meter ASW-28 that NSP is selling? it looks nice, and seems like a good deal for $249.

i've never owned a scale sailplane before. how would the performance of a plane like this compare to a 60" racer like the nemesis? how's the roll rate? i'd like to be able to do basic aerobatics.

http://www.nesail.com/scale/asw28_2m.htm

cheers,
ben
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2002, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
(Batteries not included.)
The comments on NSP's page are fairly true of any scale slope plane in that size range. It will never roll like a Nemesis 60" racer but it wasn't designed that way. You certainly can do lots of slope manuevers with it. Doing a slow roll across the face of a slope with a scale ship is far more impressive than doing flick rolls with a plane with three times the aileron area. Landings will be a little hotter since you will only have spoilerons so if you have a small LZ that could be a concern. The price sure seems right for an all hollow molded plane.
Old Jun 03, 2002, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by TFLG
Yea, What Dave said!

You'll not get a scale ship to fly like a race plane. Another small scale plane that flies well is the 2 meter Fox that hobby lobby sells. It's quite fast and has reasonable roll rate for a scale plane. It too lands fairly fast and may not be a good choic if your slope has a small or rough landing area.

TFLG
Old Jun 03, 2002, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by Ben74
i'm not expecting a scale glider to fly like a racer. just wondering how big the differences are.

what about lift conditions? i would guess that despite the small wing area, this kind of glider should have a decent sink rate and be able to fly in relatively light lift?
Old Jun 04, 2002, 08:25 AM
Find More Posts by tomtom
The Jantar (Icare) seems to be in this same line. $249 or $349 fully molded. Anyone flown this?

http://pages.infinit.net/icarerc/jantar.htm
Old Jun 06, 2002, 12:41 PM
Find More Posts by brancoli
I think you are taking about the same plane in this thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...threadid=41768