KA-50 on Blade CX Chassis - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 17, 2005, 08:13 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Build Log

KA-50 on Blade CX Chassis

Got My Blade CX Yesterday evening.This is a truely ready to fly kit out of the box. This heli is really super easy to fly.Charge battery and fly. I had it outside earlier today and the CX dosent like wind at all. Personally,I think this is easier than the sims. Well,Im kinda into scale so I took the Stock skins off and put on my KA-50 erdogan. How did it fly ?, Superbly. Plenty of power,no bogging at all. The flying characteristics did not change at all. heres some pics.
Last edited by darthdrk; Dec 26, 2005 at 01:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2005, 09:09 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Tried to take inflight pics by myself but couldnt quite manage so I solicited help from my son. See added aerial pics above.
Dec 17, 2005, 09:48 PM
Heli's rule!
Thats awsome, where did you get the body? and how much?
Dec 18, 2005, 08:49 AM
http://darthdrk.4t.com/
Dec 18, 2005, 10:06 AM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
I'm waiting for the airwolf body! With retracts!
Dec 18, 2005, 10:18 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
Blade CX bodies is in the works. Im going to start working on something else besides the KA bodies real soon.
Dec 18, 2005, 05:56 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Well, I assembled another body and painted it up and took it for some flying today.This is really some fun stuff. I gotta do one of these with wheeled landing gear.I have flown with the skids removed and it looked even better. Just gotta be careful landing.
Last edited by darthdrk; Dec 18, 2005 at 06:01 PM.
Dec 18, 2005, 06:01 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
i have yet to see something this guy makes that isnt cool!
Dec 19, 2005, 02:09 AM
DFS#000178
That is sooooo hot..

I WILL be ordering one of these from you. But I'll probably ge the KA-52. I prefer the nose.

What are your thoughts on adding 'scale' landing gear to it? Those skids just don't look right on a KA-50.
Last edited by Rampage; Dec 19, 2005 at 02:24 AM.
Dec 19, 2005, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
Well, I assembled another body and painted it up and took it for some flying today.This is really some fun stuff. I gotta do one of these with wheeled landing gear.I have flown with the skids removed and it looked even better. Just gotta be careful landing.
I like the look especially with the windows cut out. The window cutouts probably help keep the "4in1" cooler. Do you know if anyone has tried wheeled retracts in one of your bodies? May add too much weight for the BCX unless you upgrade it to more powerful brushless motors. There is a thread here with at least one person putting a brushless motor setup on a BCX frame.
Dec 19, 2005, 08:32 AM
Coaxially Fixated
hi darthdrk
i might be the only one but , i think it would be great to see you guys do the ka-226 , dana

but in the meantime , i just ordered a KA-50 body from fxaeromodels
Last edited by copperclad; Dec 19, 2005 at 09:50 AM.
Dec 19, 2005, 01:02 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
Im always open to Ideas. Id like to see more ideas for fuse/body creations. Copperclad,that looks pretty neat.
Dec 19, 2005, 02:34 PM
snɹɹıɔoʇl∀
It's nice to finally see some scale bodies of helis which had contra-rotating rotors in real life!
Dec 20, 2005, 10:06 PM
Are the KA-50 bodies available now? On the weekends I work at a rather large hobby shop that is over half of the stock is helicopters Nitro, Gas and electric alone (the owner and his son have over fifty years of heli experience between them.) I love my little blade CX, and I have to have a reason to hold my head proud in front of all of the "professional" 3-D heli pilots.

Nevermind (I just read that Copperclad was able to order one)
Dec 23, 2005, 02:28 PM
My hobby is why Im broke

Some more eye candy

Heres a few more pics.
New: Clear window kit now available
New: Molded in parts all the cut outs needed for the BCX