Dec 15, 2005, 04:05 PM
Retired Slope Racer
Thread OP

Slope Soaring Swap Meet - and Polar Bear F3F

SCSR is hosting their annual Polar Bear F3F race in conjunction with an end of the year, get ready for the next season Swap Meet!

Date/Location:

December 30th - Friday
Whitepoint, San Pedro CA
http://www.sloperacing.com/sites/whitepoint.htm

Format: Bring whatever is soaring related that you want to sell.
Zagi's, transmitters, old servos, F3F planes, pieces of planes, etc...

The idea here is to clean out the garage and prepare for a new racing
season.

VENDORS are invited to showcase their stuff also. Or even better, bring your blems, items that got damaged during shipping, etc....

There will be a short F3F comp going concurrently during the swap meet. Start time is noonish. All AMA members are welcome to participate.

Cheers,

Nathan Woods
event coordinator
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2005, 04:10 PM
Striving to Rip the Bring
wow, sounds cool, lemme see if I can find my way up there...and get the 60"er fixed....I'd like to try f3f.
Dec 15, 2005, 04:20 PM
geez,

I feel a cold coming on..."uh boss...umm I'm not feeling well today!"

will try and attend...

B
Dec 15, 2005, 06:06 PM
That friggin Laird Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
geez,

I feel a cold coming on..."uh boss...umm I'm not feeling well today!"

will try and attend...

B

Good, you can drive....
Dec 15, 2005, 07:06 PM
Where's the wind?
OOOOHH! I'll be there! I'll have a bunch of kits and small stuff with me on my CA Christmas DS trip. Lots of Lost Model Alarms!

So any special rules for the F3F thing? Do I have to race in my bear suit? Possible to fly foam or not? If the wind is up, I would like to try the LJ's against some real F3F planes. Don't worry I won't really be competition I think. I came in dead last in Kansas F3F this fall. No real wind for that one though!

Andrew
Dec 15, 2005, 07:19 PM
Retired Slope Racer
Thread OP
You can fly anything in F3F. It's you against the clock. Must be AMA member to play. If you fly a 60" (crunchy of foamie), your scores will be broken out from the rest of the pack. For more info, see SCSR's FAQ's: http://www.socalsloperacing.com/faq.htm

Look forward to meeting you...and no, you don't need a polar bear suit. Odds are we will be in shorts and t-shirts :-)
Dec 15, 2005, 09:06 PM
Where's the wind?
I was thinking something like you have to run and jump in the ocean after every round or something.

Polar Bear swims are a new years day tradition on the east coast of Canada. Yes the water is Frozen most years. They just cut a hole in the ice with chain saws and every one jumps in.

Thanks for the link to the FAQ. My questions were answered. I will only have foam of some sort to race, that is if I don't blow all my planes up DSing Parker. Good to know foam is allowed and possibly encouraged.

Andrew
Dec 16, 2005, 11:29 AM
Retired Slope Racer
Thread OP
I'm from Michigan. I've participated in a Polar Bear swim once in my youth. Only needed to do it once! I remember that getting out of the ice hole was increadibly difficult. I did cheat though, and used grease to try to keep in some body heat. Couldn't tell if it helped or not!

NW
Dec 16, 2005, 12:20 PM
It's a great opportunity to come out and see what F3F racing is about!!! It's FUN and very low risk because you just fly by your self against the clock. White Point is a great place to fly if we can get the wind there-- BIG baseball field to land! And-- might be able to find something cool at the swap meet to spend your Christmas $ on!
Timmig
Dec 18, 2005, 11:01 PM
Mustang MIKI
Should be out there, hopefully with my new Europhia 2 if I finish building it. If not my Spider and my Mini Blade will do.

MIKI
Dec 19, 2005, 07:24 PM
Suspended Account
I don't have ama, will I still be able to fly with out racing? Like... before or after the race?
Dec 19, 2005, 07:54 PM
slope-a-holic
Justin..If you can get up here for the Polar bear...

Well hang around at the F3F for a while maybe do a few heats, you can mingle, and then we can drive the far distance of 1 mile down to fermin and ill show you the ropes down there

@lex
Dec 19, 2005, 08:32 PM
Retired Slope Racer
Thread OP
Miki, you got an Euphoria? COOL!

Mr Innocent, before hand yes, but....foamies don't mix well with molded planes triming out before a race. Afterward is more likely.

However, you will probably get more airtime if you head down to Pt. Fermin (about 2 miles away) after you're done with the swap meet stuff. Why aren't you AMA? It's about the cost of a servo, and it seems like the prudent thing to do.
Dec 19, 2005, 08:47 PM
Detail Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Innocent
I don't have ama, will I still be able to fly with out racing? Like... before or after the race?

Haven't we already been through this before? Isn't it ONLY a "BUCK" for you before you are a certain age?? I have a dollar for you, if so.

T
Dec 19, 2005, 08:50 PM
Detail Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwoods
Miki, you got an Euphoria? COOL!
Nathan, his Eu-ROPHIA may cause him feelings of eu-PHORIA, but not the other way around I hope....
Just teasing, merry Xmas.

T

Quick Reply