Dec 12, 2005, 11:46 PM
Thread OP
FAQ

HoneyBee CP2 Sticky Collective Fix

I know this topic has been extensivly covered and covered well, especially the post by Hoverup which covered the conversion thoroughly. Unfortunately I still see many posts from people bothered by Sticky Collective So i hope this along with previous threads can help shine some light on the subject.

Here is the link to the post by Hoverup:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382982
Last edited by Flyin Brick; Dec 13, 2005 at 12:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2005, 12:11 AM
Ship first, Improve often
Very nice, No matter how you explain it people don't seem to understand. Great graphics. Hopefully this will do the trick
Dec 13, 2005, 07:50 AM
Awesome, with some nice graphics too. I did this mod when I first got my CP2 and it made a huge difference. Now I'm using BCP 3bb grips.

Awais
Dec 13, 2005, 08:23 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Very very very very nice.. Someone should sticky this post.

cheers,
Ray
Dec 13, 2005, 08:51 AM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Excellent CAD work Flyin Brick. Thanks for your efforts.
Dec 13, 2005, 10:10 AM
Lesson Learned = $$ Saved
Great Graphics Flyin Brick

Thanks
Wynn
Dec 13, 2005, 10:47 AM
Thread OP
Thanks, I hope it helps.
Dec 13, 2005, 11:15 AM
Nice CAD. You did an amazing job. Can I send you a email if I still have questions about the fix?

Rudy
Dec 13, 2005, 11:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyy
Nice CAD. You did an amazing job. Can I send you a email if I still have questions about the fix?

Rudy

Sure
Dec 16, 2005, 08:18 PM
just got a new Honeybee cp2 and all it would do is shoot into the air at full throotle, Ive striped the blade holders down and found the shaft bent, hopefully i should beable to put that right but i need to know what order i need to assemble the spacers and washers. The quainty i have are 2 thick washers , 2 stepped washers and 2 m2 washers. In your diagram you have 4 stepped washers and no mention of m2 washers. hope you can help . Any idea why the shaft was bent? thanks
Dec 16, 2005, 09:28 PM
ronair, look in this thread. Boyd come up with the fix, he explains it in detail.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...cky+collective

It will still work with 2 stepped washers, 2 m2s and 2 spacers.
Dec 16, 2005, 09:49 PM
Hi xOwnag3x, thanks for getting back to me, ok Ive seen diagram but there no mention of stepped washers on it, so what order shal i use them? do i put them inbetween the spacer and bearing on the front side of the blade grip and use the m2 washer on the back or vice versa. Ive looked at another diagram on here where theres no mention of m2 washers just stepped washers. One more thing would you know why the shaft would be bent? cant understand that because the model is brand new and unflow...Regards
Dec 18, 2005, 04:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronair
Hi xOwnag3x, thanks for getting back to me, ok Ive seen diagram but there no mention of stepped washers on it, so what order shal i use them? do i put them inbetween the spacer and bearing on the front side of the blade grip and use the m2 washer on the back or vice versa. Ive looked at another diagram on here where theres no mention of m2 washers just stepped washers. One more thing would you know why the shaft would be bent? cant understand that because the model is brand new and unflow...Regards

Asssemble the 2 stepped washers and spacers as i have them in the illustrations. Replace the two stepped washers closest to the main shaft with the retainer washers. As for why your feathering spindle is bent...its a mystery ...
Last edited by Flyin Brick; Dec 23, 2005 at 10:41 AM.
Dec 21, 2005, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Brick
Asssemble the 2 stepped washers and spacers as i have them in the illustrations. Replace the two stepped washers closest to the main shaft with your M2 washers. As for why your feathering spindle is bent...its a mystery ...
I prefer to bend my own feathering spindles, instead of buying them already bent.

It's a lot cheaper to do it myself.

Has anyone tried these fixes on the E-flight Blade CP?

Toshi
Last edited by TMorita; Dec 21, 2005 at 05:00 AM.
Dec 22, 2005, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Asssemble the 2 stepped washers and spacers as i have them in the illustrations. Replace the two stepped washers closest to the main shaft with your M2 washers. As for why your feathering spindle is bent...its a mystery ...
This is not possible as a 3mm shaft will not go through an M2 washer. The only place the M2 washer can go is between the thick washer on the end of the spindle and the spindle. That way it does the same job as your stepped washer on the end. (stops the bearing rubbing against the thick washer.

Quick Reply