200g/7oz. dc head pusher - the Micromum - Page 15 - RC Groups
Mar 15, 2009, 04:48 AM
I should add that there was quite some debate as to the controllability of such a set up

PeterO_UK
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2009, 05:07 AM
Tannenzšpfle-Terminator
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterO_UK
I should add that there was quite some debate as to the controllability of such a set up
and the debate ended up in:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=981307

because the mythos of the coned rotor became involved......

So if somebody posts a video of a rudder-only autogyro flying a flat eight benefiting from a coned rotor, Mickey will send one of hits kits for free to the one who did it..........

Bye
Mike
Mar 15, 2009, 03:23 PM
RC Group therapist

Pre-Coned design that flies GREAT!!!

I have finally cracked the code to get a model that flies well with a Pre-coned rotor system. You can see the Pre-Coned rotor clearly in the photo. The key to making it work is to add additional lifting surfaces and controls that are capable of flying with the Pre-Coned rotor system removed. When your test model is succesful in that mode; add your pre-coned rotor system, it will work fine at that point. I just need to get some video of it in flight so that I may claim my prize from Mickey!

Regards,
-Mike
Mar 15, 2009, 03:34 PM
It's all in the Blades!
LOL...I nearly wet myself
Mar 16, 2009, 02:38 AM
Ok wiseguys with your triplane ag's
A micromum it is for me. My last question before I start is how flexible is your flapping hinge. I am trying to determine what material I have that will best suit my build. Does the hinge move a mm or two or more?

Thanks
Stefan
Mar 16, 2009, 07:00 AM
Stefan,

the hinge doesn't move, it just bends. And if I place a 5 g weight on the tip of one of my blades, the blade tip sags some 30 mm.

Jochen
Mar 16, 2009, 01:19 PM
Jochen,

I understand it is not hinged I just was not sure how much deflection it had. So 30mm with a 5g weight.

Thanks
Stefan