Jun 23, 2006, 06:08 AM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler
I know nothing about RC aviation. What would be a good radio for this foam gyro and still be usable when I upgrade to a BEGi?
Bill
Spektrum DX6, spread spectrum 6 channel
I have it in my demonstration models, used it all day
at SEFF.
mickey
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2006, 07:21 AM
Thanks, guys, for the advice on the radio. It gives me a starting point.
I have an antique farm show to do this weekend, but it's off to the hobby shop on Monday.

Bill
Jun 23, 2006, 12:11 PM

Twril

Hi
I have been following this thread from the beginning. I searched the Internet for purchasing a copy of the January issue of RCM&E and all that I could find was a place to subscribe. I donít believe that I have ever seen an issue on a news stand here in the states but of course I do not live in New York city. In desperation, I sent out inquiries to some of my friends. The result is the following PDF file in letter format. It will also print on A4 size printers without loosing any information.
To print Ė Set "Page Scaling" to "None" and check the "Auto-Rotate and Center" box. Enjoy.
Gene
Last edited by rchopper56; Jun 23, 2006 at 12:23 PM. Reason: File did not load
Jun 23, 2006, 06:40 PM
Heli's rule!
Very cool, thank you.
Jun 24, 2006, 04:01 PM
Keep it simple

Another Twirl movie

Hi,

I rediscovered a movie (23Mb) I made of the 2 Twirl prototypes - it's a higher quality version of the one on the UK thread I spoke about on page 3.

You can view it at :-

http://media.putfile.com/Twirl-74

For those in France, watch out for my mate with his Twirl at La Ferte Allais this weekend!!

Best Regards,

Al Foot
Jun 26, 2006, 03:36 PM

Blade reinforcement question

Question: I am cutting out the parts for my Twirl and I want to get this right. The article spec's "photo copy paper" for the blade reinforcements. Is this the glossy photo paper or something else?

Thanks,
Dennis
Last edited by Dennis P; Jun 26, 2006 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Edited for mis-spelling.
Jun 26, 2006, 04:12 PM
I think that it is just printer paper.
Gene
Jun 26, 2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks, Gene. As usual, I'm trying to make things more complex than they actually are.
Jun 28, 2006, 06:39 AM
Keep it simple
Hi,

Here's a pic to show off the printer paper leading edges of the rotor blades.

Actually, it's just my favourite airborne shot of Twirl

By the number of hits on Gene's pdf, hopefully we'll soon see some more on the thread?

Best Regards,

Al Foot
Jun 28, 2006, 11:31 AM
Mine is roughly 70% complete. Should be ready for a maiden by Friday. Thanks, Al, for a great design!
Jun 29, 2006, 08:42 PM
Honey,just one more thing
my pics show alot, it is not a hard build, still fly it today, my R/C habits change all the time. but can not cannibalize this one. Bud
Jun 30, 2006, 12:18 AM
Heli's rule!
Man I really want to build one of these... I assume that fan fold foam will work ok? anyone know?
Jul 01, 2006, 01:13 AM
Fan fold foam is 6mm thick. What is called out on the plans is 3mm so it will be heavier.
Gene
Jul 01, 2006, 02:40 AM
Heli's rule!
Ahh..... what if I added a inch to the rotors tio make up the weight?
Jul 01, 2006, 06:27 AM
I'm not as bad as they say.
It's generally a good idea to build a gyrocopter exactly to plans. The designer has usually gone through a lot of testing and changes before the plan gets published. Save yourself the grief of re-doing the designers trial and error and build as close to the plan as possible, then modify for subsequent versions to see what happens.
mick
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.

Quick Reply