Apr 18, 2006, 06:31 AM
dieselburner
I still have the plans and instructions if anyone wants to send me a message, good luck to eveyone else with thier model
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2006, 01:17 AM
Be Happy, Lower Your Standards

plans and instructions

Hi, I would very much like to have the plans and instructions. I am getting more and more interested in this type of flying machine.
Apr 19, 2006, 08:40 AM
Andrew,

Thank's for the plans and instructions. It's nice of you to help out.

Rob
Apr 20, 2006, 03:04 AM
dieselburner
Anyone else want a copy? just PM me your email address, altogether (plans and instructions) the files are about 2Mb so "hotmail" addresses need to be empty
Apr 20, 2006, 08:10 AM
This looks interesting. Care to send me the plans and instructions? My email's [email protected] Thanks mate!
Apr 20, 2006, 09:26 AM
I'm not as bad as they say.
I'd like a set for my files.
[email protected]
mick
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Apr 20, 2006, 12:17 PM
add me to the ones in love with this beauty: Send me the plans, PLEASe!
[email protected]
what a nice giro!
Apr 22, 2006, 03:02 PM
Hi Andrew_b
Please send me a copy of the plans and instructions too.
[email protected]
Thanks
Mike
May 10, 2006, 10:14 AM
dieselburner
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew b
I still have the plans and instructions if anyone wants to send me a message, good luck to eveyone else with thier model
they still are, I have sent 31 copies out up to now
May 10, 2006, 03:19 PM
urs
urs
hI
PLEASE SEND ME A COPY OF THE PLANS, YEARS AGO i FLEW THE Bodington auto gyro and would love to get in to it again
thanks
urs

[email protected]
May 12, 2006, 01:11 AM
Hi
Could you please send me a copy of plans, I'll like to built one of these too, thank you very much. [email protected]
Last edited by mike p de l; May 13, 2006 at 02:01 PM.
May 14, 2006, 09:25 PM
clever phrase here
sorry for the brief interruption to this thread...

mike, please send me your mailing address, either through email, or private message. i have the RZ400 parts ready to ship. thanks and take care.

please continue on with the thread. thanks.
May 16, 2006, 01:32 PM
Keep it simple
Hi there,

I'm the designer of the Twirl, and I've just happened on this thread, so I'm realy pleased to see some of you building it in the USA

I've recently modified the Twirl to a single rotor configuration using the same fuselage and a centre pylon.

There is a thread in one of the UK forums with a few details and a couple of low quality movies of the Monotwirl (as I've called it), as well as one of the 2 prototype Twirls.

Here is the link :-

http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php?topic=26384.0

BTW, I have flown mine indoors with no problems at all, even in a single basket ball court-sized space - you just need to keep it turning, or else pull the nose up and fly it slow .

I've also got a couple of other designs here:-

http://unitycity.sfdaydreams.com/index.htm

Go to the features page for flying models of Fireball XL5 and Thunderbird 1.

Enjoy

Al Foot

Salisbury
England
May 17, 2006, 01:58 PM
Freezing my Lipo's off.
Al,
Thanks for signing on to this thread.
I still have to install the radio in the Twirl I am building. So far the build has effortless with no worries. I can't wait to fly it.
If you have time please post us a picture or to of the rotor head you are using on the mono-twirl. Concurent with the Twirl build I am also building a depron single rotor gyro and am always looking for ideas. Thanks.

-Tim
May 17, 2006, 04:06 PM
Keep it simple
Hi again,

Here's a couple of shots showing the single rotor pivot. It is basically a 4mm OD carbon tube rotating in a 6mm ID tube, the latter being glued to the top of the centre pylon with epoxy. The control horn at the rear retains the rotating tube at the back, and the short 2mm carbon rod rotor shaft and its rotor bush retain it at the front. The rotor is articulated in roll only, with rudder and elevator controls exactly as per the original Twirl design.

The rotor blades are the same chord as those of Twirl, but are 11 inches long, and now have a 3mm by 3mm spruce leading edge (the paper spar as used on Twirl was just TOO flexible). This gave almost the same swept area as the 2 smaller rotors.

The blades have slightly more negative pitch - I did this by adding 1/16 balsa plates to the bottom of the trailing edge of the blades at the overlap points, and adding a square of 1/16 balsa to the original Twirl balsa hub.

The rotor is tilted back 5 degrees, but I think it could do to be about 8 degrees. Maybe on the next one........

Hope this helps.

Al Foot

Quick Reply