Dec 06, 2005, 10:57 PM
Volksflugen
Thread OP
Competition

Pasadena, CA: Slowstick Combat at the Rosebowl!

>>>>>> Ultimate SlowStick Combat<<<<<<< sponsored by GWSExpert.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday Dec 10 @ 9am at the field outside the Rosebowl - Pasadena, CA (LA Area)

The Planes:

1)Contestants must begin with a SlowStick or VERY similar.(ParkZone Slow-V, Megatech Merlin, etc)
2)Modifications are allowed with a maximum RTF weight of 20oz, however, the wing must remain UNCUT. Planes will be weighed.
3)Planes must take off from the ground.
4)No streamers allowed.

The Contest:

5)There will be (3) 5 minute rounds of combat.
6)Between each round there will be 10 minutes to REPAIR the planes.
7)The only parts which may be REPLACED are the propellor and gearbox.
8)For each inflight contact, pilots will receive one point by calling out their channel numbers.
9)For each contact with the ground, pilots will lose one point by calling out "Landing" and their channel numbers.
10)For every plane still flying at the end of each round, pilots will receive one point by calling out their channel numbers.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ The Prizes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The top three scores will win:

First place --> $100 gift certificate at GWSExpert.com!!!
Second place -> $50 gift certificate at GWSExpert.com!!
Third place --> $25 gift certificate at GWSExpert.com!

Admission is FREE. Post your channel # here to sign up!
Feel free to post or PM for more info. Thanks!
Last edited by Pelanconi Flyer; Dec 09, 2005 at 02:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2005, 10:57 PM
Volksflugen
Thread OP
I've got CH 50
Dec 08, 2005, 02:06 AM
Volksflugen
Thread OP
Posting channel#s for some locals who will be joining.

CH 21
CH 37
CH 49

More to come...
Dec 08, 2005, 11:57 PM
Volksflugen
Thread OP
Spectators are welcome too, and there should be a good turnout for general electric flight. I'll be bringing a barbacue too, so come on down.
Dec 09, 2005, 02:05 AM
Balsa is for doll houses
Film it! I need video!! somebody call fox or ESPN2!
Sounds like a blast man, wish you were closer with all the slowsticks areound someone has to have AP rig to get some shots..
Oh and brisket and pork ribs for the BBQ
Dec 20, 2005, 03:50 PM
Suspended Account
How did it go?
Dec 21, 2005, 12:58 AM
Volksflugen
Thread OP
There were only 6 combatants, but a great turn out for flying and socializing. The highlight of the combat was one SS, wing caught from underneath, literally exploding and slowly raining bits of foam. I'll see if anyone got some video. There will be more events to come featuring other contests like limbo and obstacle courses, with no limitations on the planes.
Dec 26, 2005, 01:11 PM
hammer slammer
Hey man I am just getting back into the flying scene and would love to come to more events.

Any way I could get a websight, Or on a e-mailing list for you guys, your are only about 30-45min from me!
Mar 11, 2006, 10:38 PM
i live in inglewood and very close as well.
Mar 12, 2006, 12:09 PM
hammer slammer
no one ever answered my post. So I wouldn't expect anyone to answer yours man.
Mar 12, 2006, 12:13 PM
Suspended Account
Hey miljnor, where do you fly in Huntington Beach?
Mar 12, 2006, 11:28 PM
Volksflugen
Thread OP
Sorry, thought I sent you a pm.
Mar 12, 2006, 11:44 PM
Volksflugen
Thread OP
No combat lately, but when the weather warms up a tad we will do it again. Unfortunately, on weekends the field is often occupied. It seems that friday afternoon~evening is the best because the place is empty. A few guys are getting their planes lit up and flying after dark too. Once the days get a little longer and it's not freezing out there will be another event. Please offer any suggestions for events/competitions.
Mar 13, 2006, 12:29 PM
hammer slammer
I find any schoolyard that doesn’t have people.

There are a couple of fields in the area. The one in Costa mesa (I think ama regulated) is at Placentia HS at the bottom of the bluffs. But as I am just getting back into it I didn't want to embarrass myself until I could fly without crashing!

Already crashed 3 planes but am getting better! Besides I think all the glue and epoxy making them heavier is making it easier to learn (because of the "I don't care" factor!)

Do you know of any good fields? And I take it you are into the Zaggis?
Mar 13, 2006, 02:38 PM
Suspended Account
Yep, same here, local school fields, usually Fulton Middle School and Courreges Elementary. When it's windy I'll take a wing, when the air is calm I'll practice with a 3D. I broke so many FFF 3D planes at these fields I finally got an EPP 3D that I could easily repair. Made a world of difference.

Will

Quick Reply