Thread Tools
Dec 05, 2005, 07:45 AM
Registered User
taekwondo's Avatar
Thread OP

Are fegiao, himaxx, walkera and eflite the same motor?


Are fegiao, himaxx walkera and eflite the same motor? I heard this from a friend yesterday at my LHS. That these are one and the same, manufactured in the same factory and simply labelled and sold differently? That would mean different people sell the same product and all at different prices. Is that true? Opinions?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2005, 03:25 PM
Flying motor mount master
fly_boy99's Avatar
They all may have manufacturing in China but they are definately not
made by the same manufacturer.
Dec 06, 2005, 03:37 PM
Registered User
taekwondo's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_boy99
They all may have manufacturing in China but they are definately not
made by the same manufacturer.
I'm not even sure if I phrased that correctly but what I'm asking I guess are they essential the same or clone motors? My friend that stated so seemed to imply they were all made at the same location just labelled different? Thanks to all who reply.
Dec 06, 2005, 03:50 PM
Crash=change of flying medium
bluesky123's Avatar
Each of the brands you mentioned include different motors: different size and type, outrunner vs. inrunner. But even if you find two similarly looking motors, say, 2025-size Himaxx and Walkera inrunners, they are quite different: Himaxx is slotless, while Walkera seems to have iron stator (I haven't opened my 2025-3200 Walkera but strong cogging suggests that it's not a slotless design).

I would only think that E-flite is made by one of the three "leading" Chinese makers, Feigao, Himaxx, or Walkera, and the re-labelled to be sold under E-flite name.

Boris
Last edited by bluesky123; Dec 06, 2005 at 04:42 PM.
Dec 06, 2005, 04:10 PM
sneu's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky123
EHimaxx is coreless, while Walkera seems to have iron stator (I haven't opened my 2025-3200 Walkera but strong cogging suggests that it's not a coreless design).
Boris
They are not "core-less". The correct term is "slot-less" for that type of motor. A core-less motor is a very different design.

Steve Neu
Dec 06, 2005, 04:43 PM
Crash=change of flying medium
bluesky123's Avatar
Steve,

Thanks for correcting me (it's pleasant to be corrected by a Master!).


Boris
Dec 07, 2005, 11:29 AM
Registered User
taekwondo's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky123
Each of the brands you mentioned include different motors: different size and type, outrunner vs. inrunner. But even if you find two similarly looking motors, say, 2025-size Himaxx and Walkera inrunners, they are quite different: Himaxx is slotless, while Walkera seems to have iron stator (I haven't opened my 2025-3200 Walkera but strong cogging suggests that it's not a slotless design).

I would only think that E-flite is made by one of the three "leading" Chinese makers, Feigao, Himaxx, or Walkera, and the re-labelled to be sold under E-flite name.

Boris
Boris,
that's what I meant, two similarly looking motors, say, 2025-size Himaxx and Walkera inrunners, that's what I was told, just curious I suppose. I don't know what the difference between slotless, coreless or iron stator means. Lack of education I suppose. Thanks.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Same motor = different performance anfarol Power Systems 5 Sep 01, 2002 08:24 PM
Are Hitec/JR servo connectors the same ? Al P Radios 2 Jul 07, 2002 11:04 PM
Are the GWS IPS Replacement motors, same as Direct Drive?? mike93 Foamies (Kits) 2 Mar 19, 2002 07:16 PM
Promax lookalike! Is it the same motor? rcaviator Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 3 Nov 14, 2001 04:33 AM
Are 7.2V and 8.4V the same? budorren Power Systems 3 Sep 20, 2001 11:06 AM