May 28, 2002, 07:14 PM
jah
jah
BALD MEMBER

Marlboro decals for 1/24 F1

Anybody know where to get Marlboro decals for the Kyosho Mini-Z F1's, think they are 1/24th. Saw Hobbylink Japan has them listed in stock, but when I ordered them, I got an email saying they are back ordered.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2002, 12:40 PM
jah
jah
BALD MEMBER

got'em

Got the decals, also picked up the Tamiya F201 and some 1/10th scale marlboro decals.
Here are the links:
1/10th
http://www.formula1-rc.com/shop/
1/20th
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljlist...2&Code=s27dc54
1/24th
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?S27DC4941/24th
and here is a pic of the Miniz F1
Jun 25, 2002, 08:07 PM
Flat out
Wow, that looks real nice and very scale. How does it go and what battery do you use with it. Warren
Jun 26, 2002, 09:38 PM
jah
jah
BALD MEMBER
Warren it is a stock Miniz F1 (except I put the soft compound tire). I just use alkaline AAA batteries. Goes great, but handles kinda weird. It will turn one way great, but the other way it will spin unless very careful.
I just finished his big brother, the Tamiya F201 4wd F1. Put a P2kpro in it, otherwise stock. Here are some pics.
Jun 26, 2002, 09:40 PM
jah
jah
BALD MEMBER

One more

Later on Warren,

Jerry
Jun 27, 2002, 06:09 AM
Flat out
Geezzz, Thas a nice job you did on the big one also. Your mini Z looks so good I just orderd one and the mach 5 also. Warren
Jun 27, 2002, 10:29 AM
jah
jah
BALD MEMBER
Warren, The Mach5 looks great!
Thats a cool web site, lots of piccolo parts! I have a Piccolo that I tried to learn to fly with. It was my first R/C aircraft, but never did get good enough to actually fly it. It is sitting on the shelf next to the Miniz F1's! It is a tough old bird though, just waiting for me to get some time and try it again.

Good luck with the Miniz's, later.
Jun 27, 2002, 11:10 PM
Flat out
Is this it for the micro car forum? Just 3 guys.
I have 6 piccolos with verious setups and they are a blast to fly once you get past the learning stage.
If you have thought about selling it you may try posting in the heli form or on the Ikarus BBS.
I cant belive that Kyosho came out with the mach 5. I have vivid memorys of waching speed racer when I was a kid. Kids now a days have never herd of it. Warren
Jul 13, 2002, 09:37 PM
hey guys which mini car is the fastest, how fast does it go, and how much is it
Jul 13, 2002, 10:04 PM
Flat out
I think the 1/18 HPI micro RS4 is the fastest mini. In 1/24 scale the ABC cars a just like 1/12 carpet cars and are very fast. they don't have the true scale look of the mini z but they perform better. Warren
Jul 14, 2002, 12:28 PM
jah
jah
BALD MEMBER
CD, welcome to the Ezone. I only have the MiniZ F1's so haven't compared them to any other of the "Mini" electric R/C cars. But I second Warrens post on the HPI Mini being the fastest. It takes mostly full size electronics, and has tons of hop ups. Orion offers a brushless set up!!! The kit is around $100, and they are now offering a RTR for just over $200. The MiniZ's are a little smaller, and IMHO much more detailed and scale. They range in the mid Hundred dollar range.

Good luck, and again welcome to the Ezone!
Jul 14, 2002, 02:55 PM
Flat out
I thought I would show a few shots of some 1/24 cars.

This is a chassis the was made from dynamite option parts for the mini rocke racer.

This is an ABC DTM-X4 It shaft driven 4wd and ball diff's front and rear.

and last is a dynamite Mini Rocket Racer with an ABC Nissan group C body

I have installed the HPI mod motor from the mini RS4 in them and they are very fast. Warren
Jul 14, 2002, 03:47 PM
jah
jah
BALD MEMBER
Warren, looks great, gotta love graphite and purple parts!
Jul 14, 2002, 05:56 PM
jah
jah
BALD MEMBER

More Pics

Here's another shot outdoors. I added the tire decals to the MiniZ. Also made a "wing camera" out of foam for the F201
Jul 14, 2002, 08:44 PM
Flat out
they look good, very scale. I got a mini z f1 when I bought the mach 5. I tried the link for the decals but it did not work. I am looking for other 1/24 decals for other projects. Warren

Quick Reply