Nov 23, 2005, 10:13 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Thread OP

What's on your build bench right now?

Well everyone is crying and moaning about how there's no wind, but every old slope soaring salt knows that calm conditions = BUILDING WEATHER!

So, to bite a line from the Capitol One advertisements... What's on your bench?

And don't forget to post pictures!!

I'm working on finishing up a 2.5m (1/6 scale) Discus 2b from Jiri Baudis (purchased through SoaringUSA). I've got the elevator and rudder servos installed and hope to get the wing servos installed over the long weekend. After that it's balance, fine tune the throws and HUCK-O-LE!

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2005, 10:32 PM
That friggin Laird Guy
What's on your build bench right now?

DUST!
Nov 23, 2005, 10:39 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Stuff that im probably gonna sell if i cant get work SOON....

JOe
Nov 23, 2005, 10:43 PM
Suspended Account
I'm out of stuff to build! Even to the point that I've built and repaired everything so perfectly that I might have a chance at the front side speed record. Hmmm.... Panel Lines on the TA 152?

Justin
Nov 23, 2005, 10:45 PM
All work and no play
About 130 more kits.
Nov 23, 2005, 10:57 PM
Stay in it!!!!
Just waiting for fuse #1. I got a bunch of other small things in the works but form now until tomorrow afternoon, just waiting.
Nov 23, 2005, 11:00 PM
I have a the following on my bench now

fermin death missile (should have ready for primer by sunday)
Russ Thompson dc3 (ready for primer)
p-51 wings and tail are bagged ready to be assembled

B
Last edited by Bill L; Nov 23, 2005 at 11:07 PM.
Nov 23, 2005, 11:02 PM
Where's the wind?
4 LEG's and 1 Archer Aeroworks DLG for myself.

LJ kits everywhere else, bench, floor, bedrooms, and garage. I'm drowning in EPP!!

Not even close to what Jack's list is though.

Andrew
Nov 23, 2005, 11:28 PM
Slopeaholic
1 Rodent, 1 Mark Grand Shredder, 1 Birdworks Seagull, And hopefully soon a TMRC 1-23. I'm gonna need glue... I'm gonna need lotsa glue.

-hutch
Nov 23, 2005, 11:37 PM
Detail Freak
Jack Coopers old Slope Scale (CSD?)ME-109. Bought the fuse w/o wings; so...

Wings are foam/glass/1/32"ply/glass and carbon....

AND some DUST.
Nov 23, 2005, 11:43 PM
My build is the bench! Actually, the whole damn shop. Drywalled the ceiling, skim-coated the walls, added some can lighting, built a custom work bench, blew out the closet, etc, etc, etc. I'll paint and install the doors, seal and finish the bench, and put the shop back together this weekend.

Still have to fab some closet doors, install new bamboo flooring and reinstall the baseboards, but I gotta build a plane or two, fly and surf first. All work and no play makes Peter a dull boy.

First on the new bench will be:
  • Finish my Voltij - not really hard, but not fun either
  • Photon II HLG - see comments above
  • CSD/Slope Scale Me109 (thanks Brian)
  • Stevens Aero Edge 540

Not quite sure what I'll throw on the bench first, but I'm sure jonesing to build.

Pete
Nov 23, 2005, 11:45 PM
Jeez Target - those wings are thin, and beautiful!

Pete
Nov 23, 2005, 11:48 PM
An old 4m ASW-22 from MPX. Just cut the flaps, and am deciding on RDS for AIL/FLAPS, or just go standard. The wing chord is so thick I am thinking of just making some small servo covers out of plastic bottles beacuse the control arms barely stick out.

It's not a work of art but it will be cool.

Now I just need a good place to slope it. My local hill in Tehachapi has a small landing area, but I might have coat tailed permission to fly at the old CONVICT HILL, some of you old timers might remember it as a good place here, but the property owners are a little leary of the group who left their property trashed a few years ago. I have inquired as to if they might entertain a funfly F3F race, but time will tell.

JIM - Tehachapi
Nov 24, 2005, 12:04 AM
Detail Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchiessCo
Jeez Target - those wings are thin, and beautiful!

Pete

Uhh, thanks.
I guess that you missed the pinholes- MILLIONS!
But it won't matter, they will get primed and painted. And if I didn't want the pinholes, I woulda used a layer of 3/4oz on the mylars, not just 4oz. Quick and dirty, baby.
I'll bet they will fly!

T
Nov 24, 2005, 12:09 AM
I'm your huckleberry
I have a BD-5 I'm planning on getting started on. I just have the Glass Fuse and the wing cores so far. Hope to get going during the holidays.
I also have 2 Kayaks that my Dad, Son and I have been building for almost a year now. They are getting close to finish. All wood 1/8 ply and glass inside and out. The kit is by Pigmy boats. They are 15' long. Hope to have them completed before spring time. Sorry a little off topic, but it is all simular contruction as wood glass plane

Bob

Quick Reply