This thread is privately moderated by J Morgan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 25, 2005, 12:22 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Hey Dr Bill ! that voodoo is one sharp lookin plane , whos kit ? I would worry with the way I fly and put my toys threw the mill ! I use foamys till I choose what plane thrills me the most , then get 60 or 90 size glow or put the money into Nice electric plane . I envey your great work and choice of planes and wish the ball & chain would let me spend 2-3 hundred bucks on a battery !
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2005, 02:32 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Pete,
After seeing those sweeties, makes me wish I had a runway!

J
Nov 25, 2005, 02:39 PM
Team PowerBox Systems
This reminds me -- gotta take photos of the others! More to come...
Nov 25, 2005, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeldesigns
Hi everyone,

These are my contribution to the thread. All Hanger 9 machines, all using Thunder Power 6Ah 6S3P ProLite cells. Three have Axi 4130/16 motors and the P47 has the E-flite 60 motor.

Great combinations!

Cheers,

Pete.
Pete.

GREAT SHOTS and great planes. I'm building the H9 P40-E and am wondering two things: what power system did you use in yours and how do you like it? and where did you get the 3 1/2-inch diameter spinner?

Also, comparing the AXI 4130/16with the E-fight 60, what are your impressions?

Air-Gar
Nov 25, 2005, 04:21 PM
I need a new plane STAT!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr@sh
Hey Dr Bill ! that voodoo is one sharp lookin plane , whos kit ?
Thanks! Check out my build thread for other pics...The Voodoo came as an ARF and I got it on Ebay...It is a GREAT kit and came with mech. retracts, spinner and very good hardware. I have upgraded some things as I have said on my build thread, but for the most part I was thrilled with it as is. Here is a link to one on Ebay currently, but it is not the same guy I bought it from (on Ebay they sell it as "Dago Red"...
BTW, as I said on my thread I got it at a steal price of $100!!! Yeah its the electrons that have made it expensive, but I had most of the stuff laying around from previous (now dead) projects!!!

BTW...the Corsair maidened today and it was awesome!!! Even with the below freezing temps (30c), it was a great first flight...would have been longer but my fingers were freezing as I didnt want to have gloves on for the first flight!

Voodoo thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420880
Corsair thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=5#post4601484

DrBill
Nov 25, 2005, 05:30 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Gotta thing for pink don't ya Tommy. Nice collection though.

J
Nov 25, 2005, 05:49 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan
Gotta thing for pink don't ya Tommy. Nice collection though.

J
O U C H!!! Ummm can we say "Recon Rose" perhaps????

Thanks for the compliment John, it means a lot comming from you.

Tommy
Nov 25, 2005, 06:23 PM
Wooden member
Wow, there sure are some cool warbids here, I hope mine is good enough! John, you have an amazing array of models! I wish I could keep so many flyable models, but then I'd argue with myself for an hour about which ones to take flying!

Here are some before and after shots of my 109, originally an Emil, then I got sick of it's ugliness and made it a Gustav.

Stu.
Nov 25, 2005, 06:43 PM
Build it again, Sam!
Both models are really nice!!!- I prefere the Emil - more character - but with the correct spinner - but the Gustav is also fine!!
Nov 25, 2005, 06:49 PM
"Free crash instruction"

A true Diehard !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBill
Thanks! Check out my build thread for other pics...The Voodoo came as an ARF and I got it on Ebay...It is a GREAT kit and came with mech. retracts, spinner and very good hardware. I have upgraded some things as I have said on my build thread, but for the most part I was thrilled with it as is. Here is a link to one on Ebay currently, but it is not the same guy I bought it from (on Ebay they sell it as "Dago Red"...
BTW, as I said on my thread I got it at a steal price of $100!!! Yeah its the electrons that have made it expensive, but I had most of the stuff laying around from previous (now dead) projects!!!

BTW...the Corsair maidened today and it was awesome!!! Even with the below freezing temps (30c), it was a great first flight...would have been longer but my fingers were freezing as I didnt want to have gloves on for the first flight!

Voodoo thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420880
Corsair thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=5#post4601484

DrBill
Way to go ! I too canableize and have lots of junk laying around but when ya hit next level of electrics ,can get expensive .just got an idea ,going to try flying my corsair while sittin in my van with big bay window cause I remember last year ,was standing in below zero flying with seagulls, with ski's for landing it's fun but not moving you "FREEZE" ya off !40 size or 400 hundred class motors wont set ya back to much .When I started buying bigger motors & esc,s my wife don't understand, 200$ for a battery , "YOUR CRAZY" Thats a barbacue for the yard hun , So I say ,yeah but you cant fly a barbacue ! "SO SHE SAYS" ,knowing you ,you probably can make it fly . NOW THATS FUNNY ! ha ya know Bill , started thinking ? flying lawnmower,snoopy doghouse,hangerone boat , ect....ah what MOTOR CHOICE would you use ? JUST keep enjoying ya hobby !
Nov 25, 2005, 10:12 PM
You're an inspiration JM. Its all in the details, as you can make even JKA foamies look ready for the masters. Saw the Zero from Guillows plans. I just bought a Guillows Zero that had been on their shelf for years. Dusted it off, and saw the $20.83 price tag... sold. Like yourself, if I post them all, people with dial-up connections will be swamped. Here are a few enlarged scratchbuilds from Guillows plans. Hellcat 40" with plans insanely rescaled by hand (no copy center), and 54" FW-190. The Hellcat's claim to fame is the molded cowl made from my own foam mold.

Edit: Torinoman, saw you're Wattage Camel. Its the only good thing I have to say about Wattage. I have one that stays permanently in the back seat of my car. Great flyer with Himax 2015-4011 brushless. Saw your rigging. I have x-braced .015 music wire in the front of my wings. With the wide, fully closed fuse, it has proven very tough. Also the plane is blessed. Twice I flew it out of sight in horrible predicaments behind trees etc, took my best guess inputs, got it back in view, and flew her home.
Last edited by scratchandbash; Nov 25, 2005 at 10:21 PM.
Nov 25, 2005, 10:14 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Stu,
Have really liked your E-Model for sometime. I like the G too but you should have built another so you could have both! Don't you also have a 104? Like to see pics of it too.

J
Nov 25, 2005, 10:34 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Yeah Scratch,
I hadn't thought about people with dialup. Hope it doesn't cause them too much trouble. I hated it when I had it. Finally got DSL out here in the boonies.
I've done more Guillows than I care to remember and have enjoyed each one. Really like the plans for building too.
Here's a true parkflier, TA-152 from a plan by Al Lidberg. The F4F is from a Don Srull plan. And a Storch from a 3 view, real floater. All three are all foam.

J

Quick Reply