This thread is privately moderated by J Morgan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 06, 2006, 07:53 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
or try this:
http://www.warbirds-rc.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=WH

J
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2006, 09:42 AM
Speed Demon
Those links are great fellas, they both have the motors kv. However neither one of them gives the internal resistance or the no-load amp draw.

I'm always willing to try and learn something here. How do I get the numbers I've asked about with the info that is on those pages?

I did send an email to Warbirds RC asking for this info. Hopefully this is something that they can send back soon. The money for this is in my pocket right now, tomorrow it might be a different situation.
Jun 06, 2006, 04:22 PM

My "Sexy Betsy"

I just come across this thread and spend some time to watch all these wonderful models *twothumbsup. After reviewing 51 pages I thought it would be a good idea to post also some images of my all-in-wood Jerry Bates B-26 Marauder in 1/8 scale

Dimensioning the drive for such a big model isn't a problem only the financing was pretty difficult. Unfortunately I overestimated my financial possibilities and so the model have to remain as a hangar queen till I have the money for the 2 10S2P Tanic LiPo Packs

This model is completely equipped with all r/c components and ready to liftoff. I only have to load the LiPo packs in the nacelles to become ready for TakeOff.

Some Details :

108" span.
estimated lift off weight : ~37 lb
2 Actro 40-5 brushless outrunner
2 10S2P Tanic LiPo packs (each 5000mAh)
2 APC 16x10 props
~7300 rpm by 40 A current !
2 Hacker 77P flight opto ESC's
pneumatic robart retracts (designed for this machine)
all hitec servoc (most HS645)
4 servos and electronic v-switch for the flaps
Futaba PCM DS receiver

If anyone is interested in more details I can recommend my building thread at RCScalebuilder.com (you have to register first at RCSB)

In a german modelbuilder forum are also 2 threads :

Part I
Part II

During the time of building this model and writing all these posts there where unfortunately no time left to update my WebSite but now where my Betsy is finished I have sure some more time . . . . I hope

Enjoy

Jun 06, 2006, 05:59 PM
Suspended Account
LABstar,
That is one beautiful effort.........there aren't very many guys that would do a Marauder!
Please be sure to follow up with a report when you get it flown.
What is it's all up weight as it sits without batteries?
-Mike
Last edited by Speed is Life; Jun 06, 2006 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo.......
Jun 06, 2006, 06:08 PM

My Pair of Warbirds

My warbirds. The P-40 is a HET purchased through Tdl Models and is waiting to maiden. The Mustang is a Laishing with upgraded electronics. The motor is underpowered and needs to be replaced. Four flight attempts= Two crashes and broken fuselage, Two "Just can't seem to pull this thing with the stock motor..."
Last edited by KentuckyColonel; Jun 08, 2006 at 12:49 PM. Reason: spellcheck
Jun 06, 2006, 06:47 PM
JUST FOR A BIT OF DIFFERENCE. This plane is a Slope Soarer.

"Kit Bashed" from the Ripmax Alienator kit to look like the Russian S37 "Berkut", forward swept wing experimental fighter.

It's all Styrofoam with no covering, just painted. It has wood wing spars and is re-inforced in critical areas with F/Glas packaging tape.

The nose is EPP foam, "Barrel Wrapped" with packaging tape and covered in white Oracover, for "Survivability".

It has a big RX battery to get the balance and as a result can fly practically indefinitely if the wind holds up.

Longest flight time so far 1 1/2 hrs. After more than a year of flying it is still virtually undamaged. It's no Hangar Queen.

Cheers. Paddy.

P.S.---LABstar. That B-26 is just mind blowing. The Marauder is one of my fave WW2 planes.
Last edited by oldpilot; Jun 06, 2006 at 06:53 PM.
Jun 06, 2006, 07:01 PM
Gravity Is My Friend !!!
The Plane:

The Video:

EAM Bomber One Seven

Jun 06, 2006, 07:16 PM
I must have one. Must. Where, when? I've got the $350 ready.
Jun 06, 2006, 07:55 PM
Callsign: CornDog
Oh oh oh oh!! Sweet!! I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THOSE!!!!
Jun 06, 2006, 08:03 PM
prop wash
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMRC
The Plane:

The Video:

EAM Bomber One Seven

Excellent video the music and black and white is wicked

Glen
Jun 06, 2006, 08:24 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
LABstar,
That is one awesome and incrediblle build. Good luck when you fuel her up.

Paddy,
Very nice kitbash. 1/12 hours? My neck would be sore in alot less than that!

J
Jun 06, 2006, 08:33 PM
WHAT A GREAT Video.
Jun 06, 2006, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan

Paddy,
Very nice kitbash. 1/12 hours? My neck would be sore in alot less than that!

J
LOL MORGAN.
There were four of us and we just took turns passing the TX around.

cheers. paddy.
Jun 07, 2006, 12:34 AM
Saw many Spitfires the page before so I will jump in and post too.

This is my 3rd RC Spitfire and took 3 months to build. The last one crashed due to some malfunction?!

It spans about 40 inch ws. Powered by a 3810 brushless outrunner and 8 kan 1000s. Has done close to 100 flights. No vices. Weighs about 25 oz loaded. Flies well. Completely scratched build based upon a Marutaka plan. I however modified the plans quite dramatically, espeally the tail feathers, main gear location and fuselage formers. Self moulded canopy. Paint is just plastic modeller Gunze Sankyo Wood 43 and green is a local spray can. Covered with light films.
Jun 07, 2006, 02:49 AM
Thanks for your comments buddies I'm pleased that you like my work and when the model has flown I will sure update this thread

The total weight without batteries is ~30.86 lb (14 kg). I sure could have saved some more weight if I had been more attentive right from the beginning. There are always options to save some weight. But this is a big bird and shouldn't have any problems with the wingloading. Power/weight ratio is also well so when I got my nerves under control my Betsy should fly But whatever will happen . . . till now I had some years of very satisfying work

This is a great thread . . . please keep it alive

Cheers!, LarS 8^)

Quick Reply