This thread is privately moderated by J Morgan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 03, 2010, 04:51 AM
Registered Drug Free

Pkzu1580

My T28 is grounded due to a defective servo on the Rx, full down makes the servo prone to freeze at the end of its throw.

Parkzone UM T-28 Flight Surface Check (0 min 39 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2010, 11:07 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRendezvous
My T28 is grounded due to a defective servo on the Rx, full down makes the servo prone to freeze at the end of its throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTHITzPUhIM
This is actually pretty common on the AR6400. lately. Limit the throw in the radio to 80% in that direction and go flying while you wait for a replacement.

If you don't try to fly around inverted, you don't use full down too much anyway.
Sep 03, 2010, 11:17 AM
swede
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN
This is actually pretty common on the AR6400. lately. Limit the throw in the radio to 80% in that direction and go flying while you wait for a replacement.

If you don't try to fly around inverted, you don't use full down too much anyway.

I would actually advise against that. A very similar thing happened to me with my Mini F4 from Hobby Lobby. You can read about it here.

It had a faulty servo that was doing the exact same thing. I reduced the throws via the TX, and moved the push-rod on the clevis to get the same surface movement with less servo travel. Needless to say, it still locked up on me and the plane crashed.

Hobby Lobby totally hosed me on the warranty and told me there was nothing wrong with the plane, I screwed up and I was the one that crashed the plane. Lesson learned. Don't fly it until you have it repaired.
Sep 03, 2010, 11:34 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial15
I would actually advise against that. A very similar thing happened to me with my Mini F4 from Hobby Lobby. You can read about it here.

It had a faulty servo that was doing the exact same thing. I reduced the throws via the TX, and moved the push-rod on the clevis to get the same surface movement with less servo travel. Needless to say, it still locked up on me and the plane crashed.

Hobby Lobby totally hosed me on the warranty and told me there was nothing wrong with the plane, I screwed up and I was the one that crashed the plane. Lesson learned. Don't fly it until you have it repaired.
The AR6400 problem is AR6400 specific. The Servos use a worm screw that jacks itself against the stops and it doesn't have enough power to unjack itself. The Servo is actually travelling too far and reducing its travel prevents it from traveling too far.
Sep 03, 2010, 10:52 PM
Registered Drug Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN
The AR6400 problem is AR6400 specific. The Servos use a worm screw that jacks itself against the stops and it doesn't have enough power to unjack itself. The Servo is actually travelling too far and reducing its travel prevents it from traveling too far.

reducing the servo travel appears to have solved the binding issue, however the resolutions of the channel now feels compressed, with noted reduction in trim latitude

there's a youtube clip in my blog with a close up of the suspect ar6400

mike
Sep 04, 2010, 04:01 AM
Check your six
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRendezvous
reducing the servo travel appears to have solved the binding issue, however the resolutions of the channel now feels compressed, with noted reduction in trim latitude

there's a youtube clip in my blog with a close up of the suspect ar6400

mike
Does PZ know about this problem? Seems to me they will have a tremendous backlash from this issue. Especially since it's all over the blogs. Why would I spend my hard earned money on a product with an obvious flaw? Sorta like buying a new car with a known brake problem and knowing sooner or later I won't be able to stop! Not Good! Marty
Sep 04, 2010, 01:59 PM
Quad Questions Team member
ldm love the a-10 i have the same...dont you love how it flies? when ever i fly it i always get comments on how cool it is and everyone is always surprized it was only 109 pnp from hobbyking
Sep 04, 2010, 07:06 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
kellod , 100% agree , its the best $109 I have spend on the out of the box easy to fly fun factor plane . I am useing my 2.4 receiver that I got from my Airfield P40 , I used a spectrum receive in the P40 .
THe A10 is a blast , and very rugged
Sep 05, 2010, 12:34 PM
Rc-Warbirds L-39 Jet-Teng Models "Full Composite 90MM L-39"

With TamJets 90MM EDF Unit, Nue Motor 1415 1.5y, Castle Creation Ice 100 8's Setup

Hyperion 4200mAH 35C Packs.

AUW 8.3lbs.
Sep 05, 2010, 05:08 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Nice L39 , how does she fly
Sep 06, 2010, 08:41 AM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.

Well, mostly warbirds...

Can you name all you can see?

The warbirds are:

Freewing YF16
Alfa 190D-9 with FSK 3 bladed prop
Great Planes DVII
GWS kit bash F-82
Starmax He-162
GWS Me262 with scale working landing gear
The shadow in the back is a FSK FW190A
Sep 06, 2010, 03:41 PM
Quad Questions Team member
hey luna if you dont mind opening her up the bigger gear for the servo may have a piece of dirt in it. my micro mustang had the same problem you are explaining
Sep 07, 2010, 05:27 AM
Registered Drug Free
Next time she is open I'll take a look, the sbd has my attention atm, I have to finish the landing gear and ca the rudder on.
Sep 07, 2010, 08:08 AM
Wowplanes.com
My latest warbird & kit.

A giant scale A10 Thunderbolt ll aka the Warthog.
Uses 90 mm fans and 8S. AUW is 13.5 lbs
Has retracts, lights, psuedo-Fowler flaps, and more.

Full details at http://www.wowplanes.com/product_inf...7a8b3087ddfc3b

Fahim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUWlVxZv8cY

Quick Reply