Nov 22, 2005, 07:30 PM
I'm Charged!
Thread OP

Cox Micro Warbirds thread

I thought I would start a thread for these cool little models.A place to share ideas and mods,as more and more people start building them!

I will start things off with my experience with the micro Corsair.
First off, I have to say that these little models are a DEAL for $19.99! They are very complete(including motor,charge plug,on/off switch, and a charger pigtail.),are extremely well packaged, and have an excellent instruction manual. The kit also features very nice water slide decals(not the crappy thick stick-on's), and two propellers.
This model was a breeze to put together,with excellent parts fit.I think all told, I spent less than three hours from start to finish,and that included adding a little panel line detail.
I used two cirrus 4.4g servo's, a GWS 4 channel RX w/litenna,a little demon 6 amp esc, and a Poly-quest 300mah 2s li-po. AUW came in at 4.5 oz including .25 oz weight in nose to balance.
Micro wattmeter reports 3.3amps at7.2 v for 25 watts output.The little prop pulls hard!
I hope to fly it tommorow.I have included some pics.

Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2005, 07:50 PM
I kinda like it.
I'm curious to know if you figgure it indoors-able
Rick
Nov 22, 2005, 08:41 PM
That little thing looks great! My p-47 should be coming in tomorrow.

How do you get the battery in and out so that you can charge it?
Nov 22, 2005, 09:37 PM
Registered Boozer
Check here for a bunch more info if you are interested:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438256

-Ralph-
Nov 23, 2005, 01:27 AM
I'm Charged!
Thread OP
Wow,did a search and still totally missed this awesome thread!Thanks for the link Ralph.

We can kill this thread here.

Jeff
Nov 23, 2005, 03:12 AM
überprüfen Sie Ihre sechs
My buddy and I also should get ours any day now, a P-47 and P-40 , hope to do the aileron conversion to em, and if they dont become lawn darts, we will re-paint them with unique squadron markings

Quick Reply