My Latest HouseFly Mod - RC Groups
May 26, 2002, 10:10 PM
Former bpp dude

My Latest HouseFly Mod

Below are some pics of a nifty little aluminum hub & gear set I made for the HF. The gear is held in by screws and can easily be removed/replaced. The Steel main shaft is from MIA (highly recommended mod). The gear is 100t and made out of delrin. I have other sizes & materials I am testing also. The total weight of the gear, hub, & screws is a 2.3 grams. If anyone wants one just shoot me an email @ ls77_999@hotmail.com.
Last edited by ls77; May 26, 2002 at 10:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2002, 05:20 AM

Ahhhhh, cool!

Very promising Ls77, as always it looks beautiful just like those frames. Kepp up the good work!
May 27, 2002, 07:44 PM
3D Toy Designer
Troy,

Looks sweet!

What else do you have rolling around inside your head?

Bill
Last edited by MicroRotors; May 27, 2002 at 07:47 PM.
May 27, 2002, 08:22 PM
jk
jk
Troy,
it looks nice, but i was wondering what was the purpose of making your own gear? i think that the MIA original one is alot lighter, isn't it?
May 27, 2002, 10:16 PM
Former bpp dude
This setup does cost about 1.5 grams in weight over the stock setup but I think its worth it. I made it primarily so I could try different types of gear ratios easily (no more gluing pinions ) & switch them out quickly if they get damaged during crashes. Plus it looks cool
May 27, 2002, 11:42 PM
jk
jk
1.5 grams more isn't too bad. i thought it would've added more than that. is your gear's face wider than the stock one?
May 28, 2002, 01:04 AM
Former bpp dude
I kept the gear the same width as the stock (1/16th). I did try a few at .080 but that added nearly another gram over the .061 version. I could shave another 3-5 tenths if I make larger cut outs in the gear like the stock but I really like the added rigidity of this design with the simple hole cut-outs. The hub & screws itself are 6 tenths of a gram.