Nov 16, 2005, 04:16 PM
Thread OP

Aero Ace

Ok, I just recently purchased a little plane that all pilots should have. My father and I both bought a little biplane called an Aero Ace at Toys R Us. Its 30 bucks and is a complete blast to fly. Its only got a 9 inch wingspan and 2 motors used for steering. Its made by Air Hogs. I noticed there isnt a forum thread for these awesome little things so Im starting one now lol. Has anyone else tried one of these planes?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2005, 05:05 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum. These planes are great little flyers indeed! The air hogs version is the US version of another duplicate plane called the x flying club and also the x-twin. These made it here last after being enjoyed on almost every continent (didn't see any african or antarctican pilots tho). Most notebly, a german company called silverlit made the first one.

A thread actually does exist here and (hope this works) appears below:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401484

There you will find a BUNCH of kool mods, airframes, tweaks and allaround tuneups to do to this seemingly already fine plane. DON'T let the plane's good flying characteristics and durability fool you! MOD AWAY untill there is nothing of the plane you remember! Ahhh HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA!!
sorry. anyway, yeah. real fun plane.

sam
Nov 16, 2005, 07:28 PM
Thread OP
Ok thanks, I'll take a look at it.
Nov 16, 2005, 08:03 PM
B A bay B E be B I bicky bi
this text file i've compiled and attatched will help you navigate that huge thread. lots and lots of good info for a great 30 dollars spent, just copy and paste the links to your browsers address bar.

nick
Nov 17, 2005, 09:31 AM
If you need some inspiration on what can be done with differential steering in this size plane check out the newsletters and videos on the Aeronutz web site in the UK. They have been playing with this for years.

I got mine a couple of days ago from Wisconsin and it is the best deal going for 30 bucks.
Nov 18, 2005, 09:31 PM
Just add water!
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew954
Ok, I just recently purchased a little plane that all pilots should have. My father and I both bought a little biplane called an Aero Ace at Toys R Us. Its 30 bucks and is a complete blast to fly. Its only got a 9 inch wingspan and 2 motors used for steering. Its made by Air Hogs. I noticed there isnt a forum thread for these awesome little things so Im starting one now lol. Has anyone else tried one of these planes?

This is a MUST HAVE plane! Mine has 27 flights on it so far and I love it. This little plane is also virtually indestructable. With Duracells in the TX you'll get around 12 charge cycles before you need to swap them out so try using NiMh batteries. These can be recharged MANY,MANY times.

Do a search on this plane on the various forums. It's REALLY becoming popular!

Tom
Dec 02, 2005, 07:51 AM
Seeing as X-Twins werent in the U.S. didnt airhogs adopted them specifically to bring them to the U.S. rueling out how greedy they were for the money.
Dec 02, 2005, 07:59 AM
I whole heartedly concur. The Aeroace is probably the best $30 you can spend on RC.

I have experimented with different wing configurations and decided that the stock setup was best since it seems to be the only way to fly (on the lowest throttle setting) without constantly climbing.
Dec 02, 2005, 11:09 AM

Where to buy Aero Ace

Guys I live in the Western part of Nebraska. I can not find a source in the area that has the Aero Ace. Can anyone tell me where I can order one. Thanks for the help. Harold
Dec 02, 2005, 02:01 PM
go to airhogs website and check them out they should have a supplyer store finder or a link to where you can buy one on the net.
Dec 02, 2005, 04:24 PM
Just add water!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdevil_725
go to airhogs website and check them out they should have a supplyer store finder or a link to where you can buy one on the net.

Also start checking ebay, I notice they are starting to pop up there too but not often yet...

Tom
Dec 02, 2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah, buddy- I just opened the box- what a jewel!! You know, there are two sizes-I got the small one, Aeroace. The bigger one looks like an up scale, $10.00 more. Gotta have one of those! Lots of foam to cut and sand off. And when I get tired of that, I'll let my imagination loose. Mini dragon? Hmm.
Estes has a Hi-wing mono motor with 2 ch., $19.95. Kids are going to see that on my Christmass list.
Any one try the Estes P-47, Corair, P-40? $29.95. What a deal. Easy way to get in the air.
Dec 02, 2005, 06:13 PM
[email protected] ; www.airhogs.com 1 800 622 8339
Dec 03, 2005, 11:10 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
I have been to 2 toys rus and they dont seem to have them here in Dallas. They also dont show them on thier web site.

Anyone else carry them?
Kirby
Dec 03, 2005, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepople
They also dont show them on thier web site. Anyone else carry them?
Kirby
I have heard they are a Toys-r-Us exclusive. Yesterday a visit to toysrus.com landed me on a first page promo for exactly the plane being discussed. Expect them at your TrU before X-Mas.

Quick Reply