Nov 15, 2005, 09:45 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Thread OP

Video's from Parker Today

here is Double V's 42" EPP wing (MANTA)

https://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/sho...cat=500&page=1

Here is Nick (2lsvtec) going 217mph with his single Carbon Opus

Joe Manor's 80" Dynamic goes 254mph!!!! way to go man!

JOe
Last edited by KingOfTheHill; Nov 16, 2005 at 12:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2005, 10:44 PM
Stay in it!!!!
That Opus looks like its goin 500mph!
Nov 15, 2005, 10:46 PM
Stay in it!!!!
Nice flyin Double V, Flying a 42" plane that fast aint easy. Congrats!
Nov 15, 2005, 11:08 PM
Suspended Account
Ditto to both of Joe manors comments. That opus was like a friken tether ball!
Nov 15, 2005, 11:09 PM
thanks bro, BUT YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V V
Nov 15, 2005, 11:13 PM
and thanks to JOe too, for being the cool dude that he is!
Nov 15, 2005, 11:15 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Thread OP
HAHAHA! sympathy cause i sucked today... lol...

man... wish i had something to go fast with...gotta swap out the RX in the destiny for tomorrow..

Hey JOE, how much for an 80" lol

JOe
Nov 15, 2005, 11:18 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Thread OP
BTW- working on the others right now

JOE
Nov 15, 2005, 11:21 PM
Stay in it!!!!
He definitely comes through! Speaking of that, Im dying to see footage of my plane. Im still in shock over the whole thing. Cant wait to install better wipers and hit it again. i was just starting to feel good when that wiper came out. its amazing I was able to get her down in one piece. That new fuse design is the bomb. Fly's exactly how I want it to. Ill be back up there soon with the rest of the Dynamic family for a DS extravaganza!
Nov 15, 2005, 11:23 PM
Stay in it!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
HAHAHA! sympathy cause i sucked today... lol...

man... wish i had something to go fast with...gotta swap out the RX in the destiny for tomorrow..

Hey JOE, how much for an 80" lol

JOe
When I get all my planes up so I have more than one plane to fly Ill definitely take care of you on an 80" JOe. Well work something out. i know youre jonezing for something fast.
Nov 15, 2005, 11:25 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Thread OP
Really joe, that dynamic is the REAL deal...

you got it NICE and heavy, but insted of having to put ballast in the plane to make it heavier (in the middle wich makes it bend even more) your weight is all in strength ALL OVER..

really hit it on the head with this new fuse... it looked SOOOO much better today than ive seen it previously.. it just never looked like it could SNAP the turns like it should, till today... very cool..

you deserve those numbers.. lots of work and a great build... congrats

JOe
Nov 15, 2005, 11:39 PM
Stay in it!!!!
Thanks JOe, Dude, its not gonna take much to get it ready for the next trip out. I still think the plane is 300mph capable. That was my original goal with it and ill keep trying. I also stated at the beginning of my build thread that I would be very happy if it even pulled 250. I didnt know it would feel this good. i think the weakpoint right now besides the thin wipers is that big horizontal stab. Im still going to push it to see how it holds up though. I have smaller cores now for the next one. The wing seems unbreakable! I cant get over how the plane just plows through the shear and into the groove without even twitching. Death Missile! Super stoked!
Nov 15, 2005, 11:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joe, I don't know what I'm talking about half the time, but if your worried about the horizontal stab then do something about it. Don't want the plane to become a bullet after the stab flutters and you have no elevator authority for whatever reason. If you can enforce it, enforce it. Better to be safe than sorry and I doubt anything but good would come from it.
Nov 16, 2005, 12:00 AM
Stay in it!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Innocent
Joe, I don't know what I'm talking about half the time, but if your worried about the horizontal stab then do something about it. Don't want the plane to become a bullet after the stab flutters and you have no elevator authority for whatever reason. If you can enforce it, enforce it. Better to be safe than sorry and I doubt anything but good would come from it.
Its not that its lacking in strength, its simply too big for a 80"wing. Its way too much work to tear apart the plane and replace it with a new (smaller) one. Ill just fly it until it pops. It may not fail in that area. Just speculation. I understand your point and can agree with you,(Better safe than sorry) but anyone who DSes is pushing their plane to the breaking point just like i am. Dont get me wrong, It's VERY stout. But i think smaller will be better. Am I making any sense?
Nov 16, 2005, 12:04 AM
nice flying to day Joe M!!!!!!!!!!! 254 w/ your own plane is just remarkable!!!! very impressive. i could tell in your first lap the fuse was perfect and you had way more elevator authority. great job!!!!

nick

Quick Reply