This thread is privately moderated by new flyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 31, 2017, 07:30 PM
'Douglas' to his friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
Why not add some paragraph breaks to your longwinded, rambling, off-topic walls of text?
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy! (Happy New Year... )
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2017, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Why not add some paragraph breaks to your longwinded, rambling, off-topic walls of text?
Don't feel obligated to read them. Just scroll on by with your poison pen remarks.
Dec 31, 2017, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad3353
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy! (Happy New Year... )
Happy New Year Dad! Not much flying around here. -17 this morning. Any flying will be done on my Phoenix Simulator.
Dec 31, 2017, 08:37 PM
'Douglas' to his friends.
I assume, as you're in the States, that that's Fahrenheit, and so -27 Celsius for us Europeans..? That's quite nippy..! Here in Lower Normandy, it's rather soggy underfoot, quite windy and a balmy 9 C (48 F...) during the day, dropping to 5 C at night (41 F...). There's still time for winter to bite before end of March, of course, but -27 C is unheard of around here (thank goodness...).
Now, where did I put that hot water bottle..? Hmm...
Dec 31, 2017, 08:40 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Right then, let's just discuss anything we like in every random thread and totally ignore the concept of topics and sensible organization.

Today I clipped my toenails and now my socks fit better. Tomorrow is New Years Day, and also Monday, and, coincidentally, January 1st. I think it will be cold tomorrow because winter isn't over, but it's a whole new year so ya never know. I wonder if dinosaurs could talk? Candy canes are icky but most types of chocolate are good. I've never seen Titanic.

Hopefully some beginner finds this to be a useful entry in the beginner dictionary thread.
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Dec 31, 2017, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=Piece;38903633]Right then, let's just discuss anything we like in every random thread and totally ignore the concept of topics and sensible organization.

Today I clipped my toenails and now my socks fit better. Tomorrow is New Years Day, and also Monday, and, coincidentally, January 1st. I think it will be cold tomorrow because winter isn't over, but it's a whole new year so ya never know. I wonder if dinosaurs could talk? Candy canes are icky but most types of chocolate are good. I've never seen Titanic.

Hopefully some beginner finds this to be a useful entry in the beginner dictionary thread.[/QU

You are right. You should be posting on the "I've got problems and need attention" forum. You will find it right between the "I don't care" and the "Take your insults somewhere else" forums.
Last edited by BILL HERRIED; Jan 01, 2018 at 12:20 PM.
May 21, 2018, 08:15 AM
Thank You very much. Where I can find information how to start building RC planes? Is it possible to do something simple using recipe?
May 27, 2018, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE=BILL HERRIED;38904040]
Quote:
Right then, let's just discuss anything we like in every random thread and totally ignore the concept of topics and sensible organization.

Hopefully some beginner finds this to be a useful entry in the beginner dictionary thread.[/QU

You are right. You should be posting on the "I've got problems and need attention" forum. You will find it right between the "I don't care" and the "Take your insults somewhere else" forums.
Yep and get called impatient when I ask for information instead of reading through 500+ posts where the info should have been in the first few pages.

So much nonsense chatter and threads with first posts not be g updated.

I've been part of forums that would impose temp bans for this sort of stuff to stop repeating info over and past ver taki g up valuable space
Sep 12, 2018, 02:29 AM
Hi - can someone please direct me to the beginners reference for wiring and connector terminology?
I have figured out the battery ones (T, XT60, etc), but am quite lost about the plugs/connectors on servos, receivers, flight controllers, etc. I don't seem to even know enough of the right words to get a search to work! How embarrassing
(I do have a toy trainer and a real plane that flies, and want to add a flight controller to run Arduplane, but while deciding on what to buy, am stumped as to what connectors I should be ordering with it to connect all the components together. Considering something with some challenge, like an Omnibus F4 Pro - LOL.)
May 08, 2019, 11:23 AM
AeroDan
Hi. Regarding this “dictionary”, what’s a “planker”? I hear fixed-wing buffs being called that ALOT. I happen to enjoy both (fixed and rotory).
May 08, 2019, 12:35 PM
a fixed wing is like a plank of wood
May 08, 2019, 02:44 PM
AeroDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightTrain0128
a fixed wing is like a plank of wood
Gotcha, OK. I think Iím getting old (46) for todayís terminology.
Jul 07, 2019, 03:27 AM
haha
Jul 13, 2019, 04:44 AM
Its very useful! Big thanx Guys!

Quick Reply