This thread is privately moderated by new flyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 26, 2017, 08:38 AM
Remote Controlled Crashes
Beginners Guide Part 6 - Your First Airplane

http://rchobbybeginandfly.blogspot.h...our-first.html
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2017, 12:23 PM
Time for video tutorial.

Blog will be updated as well

How to make RC Airplane - Part 1 (15 min 27 sec)
May 13, 2017, 09:46 AM
Video tutorial part 2 is finally online.

How to make RC Airplane - Part 2 (39 min 59 sec)
May 19, 2017, 02:35 AM
I thought that Part 3 will be maiden flight, but weather in Croatia didn't allow me to go at the field and make one.
So I have decided to do a simple paint job on this model.

How to make RC Airplane - Part 3 - paint job (8 min 3 sec)

http://rchobbybeginandfly.blogspot.h...l-part_19.html
May 19, 2017, 11:22 AM
Final part in this tutorial is Maiden flight.
Thank you all for watching.

How to make RC Airplane - Part 4 - Maiden flight (3 min 16 sec)
Jul 28, 2017, 09:04 PM
I thought there will be foam kind explanation. I really need to know about polyfoam or depron etc
Old Aug 01, 2017, 09:47 PM
Hobby ACC
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while Hobby ACC edits it.
Nov 25, 2017, 10:21 AM

Acronyms!

Ok gentlemen. Here is my first rant on this forum. Acronyms! Are we that time challenged that we have to use so many of these? Are we paying by the word here? Come on. I mean "LHS"? Local Hobby Shop? Plllease! I have been going down the list and quite honestly, with many of these, it would be easier to just say the freaking words. I hope I did not offend anyone. This has been a burr under my saddle for years. Thanks for letting me vent. I really do love this forum and became a member just yesterday. I don't belong to a club. My flying time is my "alone" time and I enjoy it that way. I just recently got back into the hobby after a 30 year hiatus. I am loving it. Foamies have really improved as well as battery technology. Electric park flyers enabled me to fly in town without any noise disturbance. That is what brought me back. I started with the Apprentice and then moved onto the Timber. I am now working on tackling my T28 Trojan as soon as I make some minor repairs. (hanger rash I think they call it) Peace to you all. Just musin, from my recliner in the heart of the beautiful Black Hills of SD.
Nov 25, 2017, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL HERRIED View Post
I mean "LHS"? Local Hobby Shop? Plllease! I have been going down the list and quite honestly, with many of these, it would be easier to just say the freaking words.
Except if I say the words you'll have no idea what I said because speaking doesn't carry well across the Internet.

You do know there's only one l in please? And musing has a g on the end? Why people deliberately misspell things when it would only take a second to do it correctly I'll never know.

BTW one of the things that gets right up my nose (I don't own a saddle to get burrs under) is people going out of their way to be offensive and then saying "I hope I did not offend anyone." as though that should make their unwanted criticism o.k.

Steve
Dec 19, 2017, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
Except if I say the words you'll have no idea what I said because speaking doesn't carry well across the Internet.

You do know there's only one l in please? And musing has a g on the end? Why people deliberately misspell things when it would only take a second to do it correctly I'll never know.

BTW one of the things that gets right up my nose (I don't own a saddle to get burrs under) is people going out of their way to be offensive and then saying "I hope I did not offend anyone." as though that should make their unwanted criticism o.k.

Steve
Dude; If my post offended you I guess that says more about you than anything else. As I stated, I meant no offense. It appears as if you want to take offense. Have at it. I am chalking the thin skin up to possibly a cultural thing. Use all of the silly acronyms you please, and we can all guess what they mean.
Dec 19, 2017, 03:45 PM
I hate that word, 'Dude', meaningless, (offensive ?) to me.

Is it an acronyms ?

Ray

Welcome to the 'Grumpy' modelers , what else can we do if not flying or building.
Dec 19, 2017, 05:03 PM
Thanks Ray.
Dec 29, 2017, 10:15 AM
I'll post this here; there may be more appropriate places, but...

I've just learned, after scouring through many pages on many forums, that 'RE' means 'Rudder/Elevator', and 'RET' translates to 'Rudder/Elevator/Throttle', indicating which controls are used for a 'plane or glider. It took me a while; hoping this shortens the search for someone else.
Apologies for those who already knew, but have read this post anyway. Too late, sorry..!
Dec 31, 2017, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad3353 View Post
I'll post this here; there may be more appropriate places, but...

I've just learned, after scouring through many pages on many forums, that 'RE' means 'Rudder/Elevator', and 'RET' translates to 'Rudder/Elevator/Throttle', indicating which controls are used for a 'plane or glider. It took me a while; hoping this shortens the search for someone else.
Apologies for those who already knew, but have read this post anyway. Too late, sorry..!
Thanks Dad. I too, was wondering what that meant. Really! Why not just use the words, so we don't have to guess, or search the entire site for relevant posts? I am sure there are new people joining all the time and I am betting they would appreciate reading the words, instead of having to guess at some nonsensical acronyms. This is not a newspaper, and we are not charged by the word. Ok! That is my nonsensical rant for the day. Happy New Year all. I gifted myself the new Eflite AT-6 for the new year. It will be spring before I can fly any of my tail draggers though. I have no smooth surface available to me for take offs or landings. We now have snow, so as soon as the weather warms up (-17 today) I will be using skis on my Tundra and my Commander. Peace and a very happy, prosperous New Year to you all.
Dec 31, 2017, 06:59 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Why not add some paragraph breaks to your longwinded, rambling, off-topic walls of text?
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!

Quick Reply