Nov 15, 2005, 06:32 AM
Thread OP

GWS-38 Twin Fighter

Looks like Mr. Lin has found an Exacto(tm) knife to cut through LM's red tape!
(Hope I don't get sued for the use of "Exacto(tm)" in my post!!!

Posted by Mr Lin in "GWS 2005 China Factory" thread Nov. 12, 2005:

Quote:
I will think rearrage the specs of GWS-38 Tiwn fighter.

If not for the scale match to P-38, GWS can make such a GWS-38 fly much better than classic P-38.
Posted by Mr. Lin in ibid thread Nov. 15, 2005:

Quote:
GWS P40 and 38 will not be abenden, just want to make them better and aviod leagal issue annoyed

I for one am quite exited by this information. Is anyone else? I was wondering how popular this project will be if and when it is launched. How many of you folks out there intend to purchase one?

*Randori wishes his Intelligence qotient was high enough to know how to make it a poll*

It should be understood that I would definitely buy one!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2005, 10:01 AM
Excellence is Expected
I'd fly a 38, and would rather have a better flying plane that an exact scale: as long as it still looking like what it was supposed to look like.

But to be honest I would much rather have a F4F Wildcat, and the make such wonderful flying models. Good intermidiate shoulder wing plane, and good first Warbird.
Nov 15, 2005, 10:09 AM
Houng-wen Lin
GWS CargoTrans is not exactly same as C130, if you measure carefully of the detail dimension.

But this help GWS one fly better!

So, we will make GWS 38 and 40 look scale, but not the identical same shape. But this will be considered how to make them better.
Nov 15, 2005, 10:26 AM
Excellence is Expected
Well that's cool, virtually everyone does that...

How'bouts a Wildcat?
Nov 16, 2005, 02:57 AM
Thread OP
Wow, out of 104 views, only two replies, and one is the CEO of the company that might or might not produce the model, the other is a guy who says he'd fly one, then goes off topic, asking for a completely different product. That's less than 1% of people who've viewed the post.
Quite frankly if I were Mr. Lin, I'd cancel the GWS-38 due to lack of interest.
Business is business after all.
Nov 16, 2005, 08:53 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Randori

Maybe the "lack of interest" is down to the fact that you chose to start a new thread on a topic that already has a thread established (and to which you have contributed?) and to the fact that we've not got much more to say. Mr Lin's either going to do it or he isn't - if he can't tell by now that a) it would be a popular model, that b) we don't care what its called, that c) there is compelling evidence that it would easy to avoid any legal difficulties and d) we'd sooner see hear "can do" news than "can't do" I guess the cause is lost but don't confuse that with a lack of support.

Let's hope Mr Lin himself understands your strap line - after all how many companies enjoy the support they do (and I have bought at least one of the majority of the range) having racked up the list of failed new product delivery promises in the face of a steady stream of competitors starting to peck away at their market niche? Which is the better buy (and generates more profit) - the GWS P40 that was first promoted in the summer of 2004 but is still unobtainable or the competitor's newly released P47 at a few dollars more? As you say business is business.

And btw don't confuse my disappointment with the way they do business with a lack of enthusiasm for the product. But, for example, just two months ago Mr Lin, elsewhere in RCG, allowed his enthusiasm (no argument about that) to cause him to promise a GWS EDF jet by Christmas 2005 see https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415040
.........................and you wonder why some of us are "lacking interest"

And Mr Lin, if you "early bird" ANY new EDF jet before Xmas, like you said on September 12th or thereabouts - I promise to buy one and send you a gift also!
Nov 16, 2005, 11:46 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Well said Roger...
Nov 16, 2005, 02:11 PM
i would love a 38 but iam not getting my hopes up just yet. if it dose come out i will be one of the first to buy it i think there are a few people here that fell the same way we want one but wont get excited untill it comes out.
Nov 16, 2005, 04:16 PM
Not yet to FFF
A P-38 would be awesome! I'm in. First I have to get my 109.
Nov 17, 2005, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbennett
A P-38 would be awesome! I'm in. First I have to get my 109.
May have to wait in line Jon. I've been waiting since I checked out one of the prototypes in GWS R&D Dept. in Taipei last December. Great looking platform.......I was stunned at the Wingspan. I hope not much is going to change Mr. Lin. But do please don't abandon such a great looking aircraft.

Jason
Nov 17, 2005, 08:37 PM
I am a real fan of twin engine aircraft & the GWS-38 (P38) would be a great platform for my favorite Johnson 250 Motors!

P.S. - Let's hope it comes to fruition in our lifetime.

-Mike-
Nov 18, 2005, 12:56 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Mr. Lin!

Please! It seems the entire WORLD of RC flyers are trying so hard to help you push this P-38 to be finished and available.

It would be a great honor to have it... and see it fly... in every major continent of the world.

You have all of our support Mr. Lin, and we won't give up if you won't.

-Chris
Nov 18, 2005, 01:22 AM
Houng-wen Lin
GWS will not give up keep making good airplanes for flyers who supporting to GWS.

Thanks you guys so many great inputs.
Nov 21, 2005, 01:24 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
We need some pics..

I'd still like to see a FW-190..
Nov 21, 2005, 04:55 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
We need some pics..

I'd still like to see a FW-190..
Sorry, I am not trying to make you disappionted.

But GWS-38 will go earlier than FW-190.

Quick Reply