May 25, 2002, 02:04 PM
Groundloop World Champion
Thread OP

TM + Li-on+EPS-100C2 = FUN FUN FUN!

Yeah....I'm a typical Yankee/American....hopped up my Tiger Moth. Easy enough to do and flies great at 1/2 throttle..... obviously with LOTS of power to spare. No worry about the motor overheating....cool as a cucumber. The lithiums remain cool and you can fly 'til you get tired scooting around the sky
I used an APC 9x6 e-prop and the 2-1/2" GWS lite wheels. These should be the wheels in the kit !!! Easy to land on short grass and the rubber "tires" don't come off.

Mr. GWS CEO, how about another biplane much like the Tiger Moth ?? Biplanes have a nostalgic magnetism that lots of R/Cers are drawn to. I'm sure the TM has been and is a great selling product.

AMA 213751
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2002, 02:34 PM
Hi Old dude, the next GWS biplane will hopefully be a Stearman.

I can't wait!

Check out this post by Mr. Lin:

Quote:
Originally posted by GWS4CEO
GWS new PT-17 will similar size to TM, But you can choice IPS for slower in indoor or EPS to get outdoor with powerful aerobatic too!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...highlight=pt17
May 25, 2002, 02:57 PM
Thread OP
Thanks basketcase !! A Stearman with an EPS motor COOL !!!

AMA 213751
May 25, 2002, 03:06 PM
You're welcome.

The EPS100 'moth sounds like a good plan too. I've been tempted to try it myself. Glad to hear you're having good luck with it.

BC
May 25, 2002, 03:19 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
sounds like a good combo Old Dude.. heres one for you .. a GWS J-3 with a Zero EPS300c in it .. heeheehe .. i converted mine a few weeks ago and it has been a scream..65degree climb out .. from ROG.. and 20-35 foot verticles once in the air.. glad to see im not the only GWS speed freak around lol .. Take Care and Keep Em Flying.. Vyceroy
May 25, 2002, 03:34 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta

I would like a Fokker.......

A Fokker DVll that is! Would makje a great park flyer!
Wes
May 25, 2002, 08:07 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
old_dude- sounds like a great motor replacement! What kind of durations are you getting now? I've heard reports that the M100 reduces flight time to 15 minutes, I believe it as that's what I'm getting with my Rake.
May 25, 2002, 09:11 PM
Thread OP
Tres,

Like that last name "Wright" !! Its a good name for a person who likes things that fly.....

I haven't carefully timed it ...but I'm sure 15 mins is possible. I'm re-charging a QC 850mah 2cell pack at the moment and so far have put 460mahs in thou not finished as yet oops the charger is beeping.....just finished..... 465 mahs. The charger I use seems to be conservative...... doesn't push or over-charge the lithium cells. I should fly tomorrow or the next day and will time the flight. Where'd you get that "Rake" ??? Nice airplane !! With a micro servo on each aileron, I bet you can have alot of "fun".

BTW..... my real name is Robert WRIGHT

a.k.a. Old-dude
May 25, 2002, 09:19 PM
Thread OP
Two things "basketcase" :

First , if you need pics or suggestions on the EPS TM, let me know and I'll post'em.

Second, I just followed the link you provided about the upcoming GWS planes. I've always admired the ME262. It is/was a beautiful flying machine ..... way ahead of its time. I WILL have one when GWS brings it out !!

Thanks Again

AMA 213751
May 25, 2002, 11:01 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Hey OT-

==Where'd you get that "Rake" ???==

Chris at Anything R/C. It's not on his site, I believe he said it's out of production but that he has a few kits left. I bought one after he posted pics of his with a dual GWS fan setup, too cool! He built a little platform for the fans that attaches to the top of the wing via magnets. It's a very nice kit, excellent quality balsa, complete hardware, and numerous laser cut parts. Plus Chris is a great guy, very helpful and friendly. Here's his info:

http://anythingrc.com/

[email protected]

==Nice airplane !! With a micro servo on each aileron, I bet you can have alot of "fun". ==

Thanks! I'm flying it with a cheapo radio (Hitec Focus) which works good enough, but an extra servo and a TX with mixing would make it a lot more interesting

==my real name is Robert WRIGHT==

Excellent! 2 Wrights that fly R/C, now if you tell me you've got a Harley then I'll think we're long lost brothers
May 25, 2002, 11:03 PM

TM hopup

Hey Old dude...that sounds like the setup I mite need...I put aielrons on my TM....first flight and it worked except the plane is a little heavy now (10 oz with batt pack) and also it is pretty underpowered to begin with, sooo when I hit the aie's to turn it's also like hitting the breaks from too much drag...I ended up using just the rudder to turn anyhow so it wouldn't stall out of the sky. Where can I find the motor setup you have used? Thanks

Ron:
May 27, 2002, 06:15 PM
Thread OP
Brother Tres,

I flew the TM this A.M. with APC 8x6 e-prop and QC 850mahs and got over 30 minutes..... you know..... your left hand goes numb holding the transmitter

Flew great and still plenty of power. Only used 1/2 throttle most of the time (except when buzzing the pidgeons ) The EPS-100C2 works real well in the TM

The other "Wright" guy.
May 27, 2002, 07:55 PM
Suspended Account
old_dude,

can you throw up some mod pics/info? I'd like to up the power on mine.

Thanks
Paul
May 27, 2002, 09:12 PM
Thread OP
Arbo,

Will post some pics and words 4u by this time tomorrow evening to put the EPS-100C2 in your TM. It was/is a simple operation.

Old_dude

AMA 213751
May 28, 2002, 10:35 AM
Thread OP
Arbo,

Here are some pics of the EPS-100C2 in my TM :

(Hope this works

)

The first pic shows the QC 850mah in the front cockpit. Notice the divider between the front & rear cockpits has been carefully cut out to slide the QC forward from the rear and also holds the QC in place

Quick Reply