Nov 09, 2005, 10:08 AM
Thread OP
Rave

New Sony DSC-T9 Compact Camera With Image Stabilization!

Great News!

When I started AP a couple years ago I started with a tiny Sony DSC-U40 which I still have. It now is retired but has been on a lot of flights with great photos and video and still works fine. However it's only 2 mega-pixels. BUT look what Sony is bringing out a DSC-T9 with 6 mega-pixal AND with image stabilization!! AND no lens hanging out!! This could be an excellent choice for AP. Here is Sony's info and a link.

Sony announces DSC-T9 with image stabilization
Sony has introduced a new ultra-thin camera with image stabilization: the Cyber-shot DSC-T9. This 6 Megapixel camera looks just like the DSC-T7 but this time it has an optical image stabilizer built in, which sure comes in handy for this indoor and low light shots. Here are the specs on this camera:

Cyber-shot DSC-T9 [specs]

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...il.php?cam=792

Sparrowhawk
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2005, 12:01 PM

T3

looks good. I have been using the Sony T3 (5MP) and it works rather well. A great camera with little grain. It has many settings. You never get an unsharp picture when using the sports mode.
The T3 will be a lot cheaper than the T9. Do you really need image stabilization? Biggest issue is and will remain vibration that IS can't kill.
Good luck
neil
Nov 11, 2005, 12:09 PM
Ive seen loads of difference with IS. Its amazing the difference.
Nov 11, 2005, 12:15 PM
Thread OP
mckaneorg,

Interesting! I will be using one or more cameras next year with image stabilization!

Check out this Panasonic DMC FX9 I like tis one too and will try one after Christmas. Hey Santa are you reading this?

http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_FX9

Thanks!
Sparrowhawk
Nov 11, 2005, 12:21 PM
I just picked up a T-33 that are on an unadvertised close-out at staples ($229). Looks to have the same specs as the current 5mp model.
I have not had it in the air yet but the ground shots are great.
Aug 14, 2006, 03:21 PM
Any one using the Sony DSC-T9 yet? Pros/Cons???? I am thinking of getting this cam as a step up from the Aiptec 1.3 MP cam. The Sony even has PTP interface, so the Blip Cam cord should work with it too. Just wondering how the pics turn out.....

Quick Reply