Nov 07, 2005, 07:24 PM
The Young Man
Thread OP

OK tried to charge up my Hitec Flash 4 after 3 months down time...

And got nothing.... no reading on LCD nothing... not even a hope of light....

I read on another thread that Hitec stands behind their product 150% should I contact them and see if they will have a look at it?

eX
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2005, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excogitate
And got nothing.... no reading on LCD nothing... not even a hope of light....

I read on another thread that Hitec stands behind their product 150% should I contact them and see if they will have a look at it?

eX
That or lots of places have a 90 day warranty policy so they might even take it back.
Nov 07, 2005, 09:18 PM
TKG
TKG
Look in the manuel and see if there is a user replaceablre fuse.
Nov 07, 2005, 09:27 PM
Try the battery connection. The Hitec battery plug inside the TX is a bit flaky. I had to rework mine in my Laser 6 for the first charge.

They need to use a better quality plug...
Nov 07, 2005, 10:48 PM
The Young Man
Thread OP
OK I need to clarify history here...

This RX is about 4 years old... has worked fine up until 2 days ago

Charger light comes on indicating... well something is conecting... but when I power up I get nothing.... :/

eX
Nov 07, 2005, 11:01 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
How long are you letting it charge before you fire it up?

Cam
Nov 07, 2005, 11:22 PM
The Young Man
Thread OP
24 hrs plus
Nov 07, 2005, 11:40 PM
its also possible that the battery has gone bad...
Nov 08, 2005, 12:20 AM
The Young Man
Thread OP
true, I am thinking ot hitting up LHS and seeing if they have another bat around that I can test it with.
Nov 08, 2005, 02:07 AM
It's been a while.
Can you turn it on while its plugged in?
Nov 08, 2005, 02:20 AM
Suspended Account
I would just about bet that it's the battery pack. A hitech disconnects the charge lead when it's turned on so that won't let you test it plugged in. You'll just have to find a flying buddy that would let you use his battery for testing or just take it to the LHS and try theirs. Most are pretty good about things like that. Anything that will help them make a sale.
Nov 08, 2005, 05:30 AM
if the batteries are 4 years old and NiMh, its likley they are scrap anyway.

Get new batteries.
Nov 08, 2005, 06:03 AM
RIP "Long Shadow Flyer"
If you check out the battery and it still is not working, Send it back to Hitec.
I have sent several back for repair, or crystal change and their service is great.. Takes a few weeks but they get it right!! In some cases They fixed things out of warantee for no charge.. really a great service!!!

Carl
Nov 08, 2005, 10:34 AM
Suspended Account
I learned a long time ago that a twenty dollar battery is a small investment compared to a two hundred dollar, or more, plane. Don't ask me how I know this..............
Nov 08, 2005, 11:04 AM
Oldie but goodie
Most likely it is the Battery pack gone south, but BEFORE you replace it, I would remove the pack and check the voltage with some kind of voltage meter. Adequate low cost meters can be had at Radio Shack, Sears, or the large Discount Tool Supply stores.

I know with my Flash-5, that the display will work down to about 8 volts, which is lower than the LV alarm. NiCds tend to store better in a discharged state than their NiMh cousins. I've had NiCd packs that have been stored for years, come up to full capacity after a good charge. Would I fly with them, no, but they are still good for testing purposes.

Quick Reply