Sep 29, 2007, 10:32 PM
Wandering IT geek
I found a couple of these:

http://stevensaero.com/shop/product....cat=368&page=1

at a hobby store in the Phoenix area. They look to be just about the right size and weight for the CMW's! I think I'll go buy one of the kits tomorrow and get her built... With the P-51 out of production I'm leery about flying her
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2007, 10:34 PM
Advanced Learner
I found a 900 mAh DN Power lipo just fits a P-40. Sadly, I dumped the plane the first chance I got to fly with it
Sep 29, 2007, 11:14 PM
Suspended Account
Jon S
What prop are you using?
Sep 29, 2007, 11:41 PM
Hi Bilbo,
I'm using the Graupner 5X4 CAM Slim electric props. I think I got them through Hobby Lobby.

Jon
Sep 29, 2007, 11:42 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S
Hi Bilbo,
I'm using the Graupner 5X4 CAM Slim electric props. I think I got them through Hobby Lobby.

Jon
Thanks.
Bill
Sep 30, 2007, 01:32 AM

Landing gear for Zero

Hi Robert, I attach some pics about the landing gear. I guess that the wheels are a bit small but we will see today.

Thanks for your help.
Sep 30, 2007, 08:18 AM
IMP Concepts 3D Printing
What are the little black joiners that connect your Servo aileron controls to the Aileron wires?

SWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawarejj
Hi Robert, I attach some pics about the landing gear. I guess that the wheels are a bit small but we will see today.

Thanks for your help.
Sep 30, 2007, 08:20 AM
IMP Concepts 3D Printing
I user a 450mah from UH, have not tested how long they last yet. I only so small test flights at the moment.

SWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller89
you use a lipo 2s or 3s with "AX 1806N 2500kv Brushless Micro Motor (19g)"??
How much mah??What time of autonomy have you??
I want a strong motor because y want use a small streamer to make combat

These 2 motors aren't in stock, it's a problem.
Can you advise me another in stock??

thank you
Sep 30, 2007, 09:25 AM
IMP Concepts 3D Printing

Aileron Mechanisms Close Up Pics

Can people please post photos of their Aileron Mods in detail. Real close ups of the Torque Rod style, and explain the parts used. (The rods are the most Stealthy and clean solution)

What I would like to see is something similar to my previous posts:

1) Pics of the Servo Mount
2) Pics of the connections in detail from the servo to the Aileron rods that poke up out of the wing on the control side.
3) Pics of the tube going through the wing to the Aileron itself
4) Pics of the actual torque rod connection to the Aileron (I epoxy mine).

I noticed that a lot of the scale ailerons have different angle of movement with respect to the fuselage and the actual direction the torque rod goes to the fuse. I am curious how people take this into account for a smooth action. I posted mine earlier in this thread.

I am not sure whether we should start a new thread just on aileron Mods. I am so trying to refine mine so they cannot be seen at all above the wing bottom surface. (At $6 per spare wing assy. it is easy to justify ) I always buy one or 2 spare wings with a model for this purpose alone. I usually fudge the first one pretty badly. (Don't you just love the cheap airframes?)

Also getting the actual rod with all the required bends from the bottom of the wing to the top is quite a challenge.

SWR
Sep 30, 2007, 11:59 AM
Hi SWR,
The little black connectors I use on the aileron torque rods are rubber mounting grommets that come with GWS pico servos. Like the GWS warbirds, I bend a circle into the ends of the torque rods, insert one of the rubber grommets, insert a short section of Kavan push rod tubing into the grommet for a snugger fit as the linkage wire passes through, then put a drop of epoxy onto the end of the linkages when all is adjusted. Pretty simple setup and so far has worked great. I don't have a digital camera to give detail shots, though I did take this one the other day when I finished the Jug.

Jon
Last edited by Jon S; Sep 30, 2007 at 12:05 PM.
Sep 30, 2007, 12:17 PM
IMP Concepts 3D Printing
Thanks I see they are servo mounting grommets.

SWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S
Hi SWR,
The little black connectors I use on the aileron torque rods are rubber mounting grommets that come with GWS pico servos. Like the GWS warbirds, I bend a circle into the ends of the torque rods, insert one of the rubber grommets, insert a short section of Kavan push rod tubing into the grommet for a snugger fit as the linkage wire passes through, then put a drop of epoxy onto the end of the linkages when all is adjusted. Pretty simple setup and so far has worked great. I don't have a digital camera to give detail shots, though I did take this one the other day when I finished the Jug.

Jon
Sep 30, 2007, 02:45 PM
Not the best picture but it's better than nothing.

It almost went straight first try. No problems with the motor torque.
It only climbs a bit with Full Throttle. And I don't tried right rolls with full throttle. I think they are a bit slower but not much.

First flight with ailerons and mixed rudder. It rolled well but a bit spiral movement.
2nd flight I turned the rudder off. It's not super fast on the ailerons but fast enought. Also in slow flights.
I even land it with ailerons.

Full throttle it's quite fast and with almost a 1/3 it flies great realistic.

Movie is on his way.

tada
Cox Micro Warbird FW-190 (0 min 36 sec)
Last edited by TurboCinqy; Oct 01, 2007 at 04:55 AM.
Sep 30, 2007, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawarejj

Thanks for your help.
Hi Javier,

It's looking nice, bigger wheels will make it more scale. You might want to bent the wheels a little more forward so they will align with the leading edge. If the wheels are too far back your plane might turn over on touchdown.
Let me know how the trials go.

Robert
Sep 30, 2007, 04:05 PM
Hi Turbocinqy,

I see it's a good flyer. Thanks for the video! I wanted to fly today. I charged all batteries including the transmitter but when friends come around plans change. In the end I didn't get to fly.
I did give the Hayate (p47 conversion) a new tail wing. The old one was a bit too small and needed more positive incidence towards the main wing. Anyway, it's on there and the gaps have been filled with balsa filler. Now it needs some paint and sanding. I hope It will glide better now.
Basically there are now two maiden voyages to be made...

I think your mission was a succes. Are you going to build another one? If yes, which model?

Robert
Sep 30, 2007, 04:14 PM
Hi Robert,

Maybe in the future i'll buy some other ones. Not know.
And if... I think a corsair or a zero. I like them all

Quick Reply