Dec 06, 2005, 02:52 AM
Thread OP
Excellent idea. I'm gonna have to incorporate that into my canopies.

Thank you

Ray
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2005, 09:41 AM
S.A.D Member

Eurofighter

is it just me but looking at plans and notes file and the thread i cant find mention of the CG,

Help have had this built for a weekn now and want to maiden it tommorrow and clueless on CofG

grant
Dec 10, 2005, 08:03 PM
bigglesjets
Hi Gooseman

If it's any help, would looking at my EF2000 plans give you an idea where it should be, looks about the same as mine.
If not I'm sure Ray will come back to you with the answer

Regards

Alan
Dec 10, 2005, 09:22 PM
S.A.D Member

Cg

Hi Alan,

I have already and as you both have different size wings and somehow when i test flew yours it states 7.24 inches i found it flew better at 6.2 inches, dunno if its just my crappy building skills lol

Yours flies excellant on a cd-rom motor,5gm servo's and a 7x 3.5 not aerobatic but very jet-like

Gooseman
Dec 11, 2005, 12:06 AM
Hi Gooseman,
The CofG should be 5.5 to 6 inches aft of the leading edge of wing root or 1 to 1.5 inch aft of the forward wing spar as shown on the plans.
RSteel's internet is down or he would have replied sooner.
Dec 11, 2005, 12:55 AM
S.A.D Member
Broncomech,

Thanks very much for that saved on the 25th hour, just got up to start the drive to liverpool to go flying.Thank Rsteel for that for me

Gooseman

"I feel the Need.... The need for Speed!!!!"""
Dec 11, 2005, 08:57 PM
Thread OP
Whooo Hoo, my internet is back online

Thanks to BroncoMech there for relaying the CG for me.

Good Luck with the EF there Goose. Hope everything works out for you.

Ray
Dec 11, 2005, 11:56 PM
don't you just hate that when your connection goes down Last time it happened to me it was 3 days. It was like being cut off from your family. A sure sign your addicted to the Internet
Dec 14, 2005, 05:44 AM
Ummm.. is it possible to get this tiled to A4 format, in about 24 sheets.. current 48 is tad too much, compared to 24 legal format where paper is also smaller... ??
Dec 14, 2005, 05:57 AM
I counted 12 completely empty pages in the 'EF_Parts_Plan_Tiled.pdf' file. If you are short of paper, just print the full pages ....

Printing on A4 should be no problem, just deselect the "shrink" and "expand" boxes in the print options. (Maybe select "auto rotate and center.)
Last edited by perttime; Dec 14, 2005 at 08:48 AM. Reason: canot tyep rihgt
Dec 14, 2005, 08:43 AM
TOPDOG
is it possible to convert this to EDF with twin microfans
Dec 14, 2005, 11:49 PM
Thread OP
Tom => Yes, it really actually sucks the big wazoo when my internet access goes down. Man....(slapping arm to get vein to pop up)....I think I have a problem

Ceeray => If you still need the files resized to A4 let me know.

pacr => The inside cavity of the EF can be modified for EDF. There is alot of room and leaving the double wing spar intact should provide enough stability to compensate for material loss.
Although, Im not sure how big or how much thrust a microfan puts out as I have not taken the dive into EDF as of yet...soon tho, soon

Thanks all,

Ray
Last edited by RSteel; Dec 15, 2005 at 01:35 AM.
Dec 15, 2005, 12:35 AM
Just checking on progress on this bird. Super video and flying. A very nice ship, congrats.
Ivor
Dec 15, 2005, 01:34 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Ivor It was a learning experience thats for sure.

Thank you again,

Ray
Dec 15, 2005, 02:00 AM
A4 sized not needed anymore, I followed perttime´s advice. Halfway done already.

I got one EuFi plastic model which I intend to use as help to make contours and such matching original. Some modifications will be made into the plans, but its much easier to modify existing plans than start making them from scratch.
I intend to use Typhoon 15 series motor with lipos. Also adding a rudder is in my mind, but that adds just another servo.
Thanks for plans!!!

Quick Reply