Apr 02, 2019, 09:19 PM
Good news! The Saito took a bit of glow fuel to loosen up but then it fired right up on the test stand and ran until I shut her down! This motor will be a good fit for the SE 5!
Last edited by azzir; Jun 06, 2019 at 10:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2019, 10:16 PM

ModelTech SE 5 Maiden!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzir
Good news! The Saito took a bit of glow fuel to loosen up but then it fired right up on the test stand and ran until I shut her down! This motor will be a good fit for the SE 5!
The Saito turned out to be a GREAT motor, and with the carb turned around I was basically able to run the throttle linkage straight to it with only a slight bend in the wire to hook into the throttle arm. I finished the build in a timely fashion but for many and varied reasons the maiden had to wait until today, and she flew like a dream. One of the reasons the maiden had to wait was because I really wanted some film. My buddy Larry helped out. It's not the best but it is a difficult camera and it was his first time and I think he did good.

June 6 2019 ModelTech SE 5 Maiden (5 min 49 sec)

Quick Reply