Oct 31, 2005, 09:58 PM
Thread OP
i got a reply from raidentech. just as Phone guys post states, they state it is "cosmetic", when I asked where the COG was, the answer was "unknown". how do you like that. i guess there is not tech support at all what so ever...

sorry papasmurf, back to work today, extremely busy, will try to post some pic soon.

Paul
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah, it is really a shame that support could not be better, but for what you do not pay in price up front, you will pay in support later.

Cosmetic top wing ailerons? Yep that is an excellent cosmetic job...very realistic!!

From their website:
Features:
Scale ARF Electric Warbirds R/C Model Airplane
Built and painted and it's a magnificent
Scale model more nearly ready to fly than most others,
New state of the art in highly detailed balsa skin ARF's!
4-Channel whole wood construction model!
Exact scale airplane to every detail! ***(except for the top wing ailerons, they are cosmetic only.)

Oh well, it looks still like a great kit
Oct 31, 2005, 10:40 PM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
If you look at the description of most of their other offering they are worded almost identically. I remember once they had a cub listed as a warbird. They just seem to be lazy and interested in selling and moving on to the next person as fast as possible.
Nov 01, 2005, 06:34 AM
Well as far as the CG is concerned I know that on most bi-planes the CG is located at the leading edge of the lower wing. So hold the plane upside down and have your fingers on the leading edge to balance it. It's not exact but, its better than no specific answer at all.

Question do they have marks on for the thrust line if you plan to install an outrunner motor on the firewall?

Got an email from them and mine should arive by Friday of this week!
Nov 01, 2005, 11:48 AM
Re-kit'r extraordinair
Ok, that answer that it's cosmetic only, is a bunch of bull .
If you look close, the left top aileron shows offset of the red stripe where the aileron meets the wing. No one would go through that much trouble to simulate top ailerons, they are really there. I wonder how hard it would be to add them? I also have bought from them, and they are nice kits for the money. Even with only lower ailerons, it's definately worth the price.

Rick
Nov 01, 2005, 11:52 AM
Re-kit'r extraordinair
Also, btw, The Cap kit I purchased was damaged in shipment, and they replaced it no problem. Then the replacement was also damaged and they replaced it also. They do have CS, but not tech service.

Rick
Nov 01, 2005, 08:41 PM
I bought the Pitts last night! I plan to put a .15 glow engine in it. I'm thinking either an ASP yellow jacket or a Norvel .15 BigMig. Really would like to get into Electric but the entry cost still seems high.

Anyone else going glow?
Nov 01, 2005, 08:46 PM
if the top ailerons are cosmetic then how do the bottom ailerons move with the push rod attached to non moving top ailerons. maybe they messed up on your top wing and don't wanna replace it.
Nov 01, 2005, 08:48 PM
Thread OP
i think the all thier top wings do not have ailerons. if anyone get a kit with ailerons on the top wing, please post it.
Nov 01, 2005, 10:07 PM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
I seriously doubt you are going to find one with top ailerons (but would love for you to prove me wrong). The photo they posted on their site is most likely from the manufacturer and not of one of the actual planes they received.
Nov 02, 2005, 03:52 AM
Were are these planes coming from? I went to place an order but canceled it when I notice my shipping was $54 for the pitts.
Nov 02, 2005, 07:45 AM
Shipping to MN was only $8. 54? better check again???
Nov 02, 2005, 09:26 AM
Re-kit'r extraordinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugman
Were are these planes coming from? I went to place an order but canceled it when I notice my shipping was $54 for the pitts.
They are shipped Priority I believe from the US. Didn't know it was that expensive to ship to Hawaii. I guess they figure if you live there, you have plenty of money.

Rick
Nov 03, 2005, 04:11 AM
rickhtoo
Priority is not any more to ship to Hawaii than any were else in America but for some reason some companies charge us more for shippping out here. Maybe they only will ship UPS air and that price would make sense to me.
Nov 03, 2005, 05:56 PM
In the last Fly RC mag, there was a ad from Art-Tech. They now have a Christen Eagle ARF. 33.58 ws, 23.9 ox RTF. No idea when or from whom.

STOP the MADNESS!!!!!!

http://art-tech.cn/english/ArticleSh...?ArticleID=134

Quick Reply