A few more switchback pics because I know you love 'em - RC Groups
May 20, 2002, 09:52 PM
Leave me alone!

A few more switchback pics because I know you love 'em

Hi gang!

Here's a few more of the switchback... I limited my inverted to short duration at about 8 to 10 feet, as I didn't want to come too close to kids throwing a frisbee, but here's a pic. This plane is meant for inverted flight. Forgive the quality, as it was low light. Enjoy!
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2002, 09:53 PM
Leave me alone!
an official, caught on film (disk) "oops" by me. Here's the first point of a 3 point landing Check out my "up" throw!
May 20, 2002, 09:54 PM
Leave me alone!
here's the sport rg wing for the 3 minutes I could fly before a soccer practice moved in
May 21, 2002, 09:11 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Cool man, cool!

Muuust resist temptation to buy anoooother plane...

Thanks for the pics!
May 21, 2002, 09:15 AM
Leave me alone!
"Ezone made me do it"
"Ezone made me do it"
"Ezone made me do it"

You really do need another airplane, Tres! Especially a switchback. It's too cool making the slimer guys go "oooh" and "aaah" when I fold the gear up on takeoff
May 21, 2002, 12:11 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
<sticks fingers in ears> naanaaanaaa...I can't hear you..naanaaanaaanaa

Seriously, what kind of radio are you using, I assume it's at least 5 channel?
May 21, 2002, 12:18 PM
Leave me alone!
I used to fly helicopters as well, so I had a JR X-347 sitting around. It's a 7 channel computer radio with all the bells and whistles like expo, end point adjust, custom mixing, etc etc etc. It's really a perfect match for a responsive airplane like the switchback
May 23, 2002, 11:28 AM
FLYER spelled I-squared-R
Tres:

I'm with Martin... You really need this plane!

David
May 23, 2002, 11:46 AM
That did it... I'm getting one. And my Zero hasn't even gotten off the ground yet. Curse you Red Dreamer!
May 23, 2002, 12:09 PM
A Clinger
Aspen, mine's in the building stage, and it is building FAST (and I am a slow builder). This laser cut part technology makes working with balsa a breeze (a lot different than when I was a kid building guillows kits) and using CA makes it even faster. Finished both stabs, and wing in about 3.5 hours between last night and this morning before work. The parts just fit. If all goes well, it could be ready to maiden by Saturday as fast as its going together.
May 23, 2002, 12:28 PM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Wow great pics.

Would the Switchback make a good first aileron trainer for someone interested in building. It would be my first aileron plane and my first attempt at a non-foam plane.

Also, which wing the 3D or sport, I assume the sport?

shawn
May 23, 2002, 12:36 PM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Shawn,

The Switchback Sport was designed to be an ailleron trainer with the feature of being able to swap in the 3D wing for when you wanted more. The 3D would be too much for a first time aileron plane.

Doug
May 23, 2002, 01:09 PM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
OK Doug.

With all the good things I hear about your stuff I'll take one (PayPal). I hope it comes in a small box (they are easier to hide). Once I can fly this baby, maybe I'll order another wing with retracts??? I know your working on them.

So now the research begins......

Thanks.
Shawn
May 23, 2002, 01:14 PM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Thanks Shawn! It's going out today.

Doug
May 23, 2002, 02:06 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
==Tres:

I'm with Martin... You really need this plane! ==

Alright, alright!

I've got to get the Rake in the air 1st (any day now), then I'll succumb to the peer pressure! I actually have already picked up a 4 channel radio in anticipation of building the SB, but it sure would be nice to have those retracts...