Changing up/down to proportional channel - RC Groups
Oct 24, 2005, 05:49 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Question

Changing up/down to proportional channel

I have a Futaba 6EXAS radio. I wonder if it is possible to change ch. 5 (landing gear) from the up/down function to a proportional function? I would replace the switch by a potentiometer.

If this is not possible, is it then possible to "neutralize" the channel to 0% instead of either +100% or -100%, as the switch will make it, without using my one programmable mix?

The only suggestion Futaba support could give was to set the endpoint adjustment to 0%. But that makes the servo on ch. 5 not move at all, just like the manual describes (that was when I suggested they read the manual - haven't heard from them since )

The reason I ask is, I would like ch. 5 to drive flap servos, having ch. 1 and 6 driving flaperons. But ch. 5 "centers" around +100% or -100%, depending on the position of that stupid switch And since there is only one programmable mix, I can not neutralize it by mixing
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2005, 06:10 PM
Marion
I have tried unsuccessfullly to mod a transmitter like that -- for the same purpose. Apparently that portion of the circuit will not allow proportional operation. :-(
Nov 07, 2017, 08:22 AM
Scratch n Scale
I have a feeling how this will go...but my old analog thinking mind says what if you put a pot in series with the gear switch wiring and varied the signal/resistance that the switch would normally apply as full open or zero resistance? Of course this pot would probably have to be somewhere the resistance of the pots on the gimbals...and I'd say that since the switch is either full closed or full open then resistance somewhere in between would not damage the transmitter ...might be worth experimenting...
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Nov 07, 2017 at 09:41 PM.