Oct 23, 2005, 03:00 PM
Thread OP

Micro pusher jet build help!

I have built a small 13 3/4" span SU-27 type plane from Depron, the first one was 2.5oz RTF but could only do one lap in the gym before it would touch down from lack of power or to much weight. My second one shown here is built lighter at 2.1oz RTF but have not tested it yet. It has a GWS RX, Blue Arrow servos, E-TEC 250 2S pack, and China 8721 motors with GWS 2.5x.8 props. I hope it is light enough to fly now because my first version seemed to fly very well when it was up there with good control. My main reason for posting is because I want to build a smaller one with single pusher, I want to go small but do not want to use actuators, I was thinking about two Falcon servos and micro RX from Precision Heli... http://www.precisionheli.com/Merchan...egory_Code=Rec but I am not sure what motor/prop and pack to use....any ideas? I have seen some really neat micro jets posted here but most use actuators and I don't think I want to go that small because I like servos better.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2005, 03:06 PM
Thread OP
Oh yes, I also use a CC Pixi 7P on this one!
Oct 23, 2005, 03:24 PM
This seems to be a very nice yet ...If you don't want to try actuators, you can try to lighten up your servos with a few grams by getting rid of the connectors and the bottom plate. Just use some tape for your bottom plat and solder your servo cables to the RX. If you search on this forum, you will find some servo lightening techniques for sure.

However, I believe that a smaller yet with one motor would be a nice project for a BitCar. If I remember correctly Graham Johnson made a nice profile yet with motor and rudder control only ...

Johan
Oct 23, 2005, 04:20 PM
Thread OP
Well, I actually just came back from flying the new lighter version and seems like it is still a little heavy...almost there though, so close! I would rather not mess with the servos and such so I can switch from project to project. Seems like my only option with this one are some prop swaps or motor swap, any idea of better props then the 2.5x.8? For motor I was thinking of a GWS GW/LPS-B2C-A LIGHT POWER SYSTEM 4:1 RATIO and GWS 4x4 prop because this is what I have and just noticed it weighs the same as the two smaller motors! GWS recomends a 5x3 or 6x3 as good and 5x4.3 as excellent for props, I also have a Gunther 5x5 I could try.
Oct 23, 2005, 04:52 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Do you want to go slow for indoors or make this thing go fast?
Oct 23, 2005, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
For indoors!
Oct 23, 2005, 08:06 PM
Nem Jr.

Micro Pusher Jets

I too have been working on micro pusher type jets.....

Just witing for electronics.......Glides are long and flat!!! Hoooraw!!!

Nem
Oct 23, 2005, 09:38 PM
Thread OP
Very nice....VERY small! I put the GW/LPS-B2C-A motor in with the 4x4 prop and was better still but not enough....next was the Gunther 5x5 and looks like this one will do it, flew around fine but at this point the pack was half dead so I am going to wait and test it inside our gym on Thursday. I am also going to get some GWS 5x4.3 props and see how those work, should be better.
Oct 24, 2005, 03:16 AM
What do you have against actuators anyways? They don't have to be bang bang you realize. The Plantraco Butterfly is equipped with a very nice fully proportional actuator the weighs .22g
Oct 24, 2005, 06:53 AM
Thread OP
I know they are very nice setups, I had a DWE system. It just seemed like setting them up was a little harder and they are more fragile, I guess the systems are even better now though. Perhaps I will try another system someday!
Nov 03, 2005, 05:11 PM
Thread OP
Nem, what kind of electronics are you going to use? I am going to try the Dynamics Unlimited system and perhaps the Plantraco system on smaller versions!
Nov 03, 2005, 06:18 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
FH,
I have a 10" Beta version of a Pusher Jet ready for testing using the Microbatics setup with actuators.
It glides fine and I am going to wait till the next indoors Meet to test it as I dont want to tear out the actuators on a clump of grass by trying it outdoors

Heres the model:

Here's the r/c setup. The rxer is safely tucked inside the belly with the batt leads poking through:

It is made from 1mm balsa (1mm depron is on it's way) - strengthened with 1mm CF Rod in main wing, tailplane, fins, and front body. Power unit is a 7mm SS blue motor with a slightly trimmed 2.5x0.8 GWS prop.

Wingspan is 10" as stated above. Current AUW weight of the model is 17.4 grams, using a 90mah.
Nov 03, 2005, 07:16 PM
Thread OP
Nice, let us know how it goes!
Nov 03, 2005, 11:02 PM
Nem Jr.
One will use the electronics/actuators from a plantraco butterfly and the other will use the elecronics/actuators from Micro invent.

Nem
Nov 03, 2005, 11:22 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Sweet Nem.

For me it's "so many projects..so little money"

I couldn't help myself. I went and glued on some balsa bash plates over the actuators. Stepped outside and gave it a low level toss at half throttle in my front yard and away it went!

I cut power before it reached the end of my front lawn as it's a little breezy here at the moment and I am not ready for concrete landing or mishaps. Now I keep looking out the window to see if its calm enough to run around the corner to my local field and give it a decent test

Quick Reply