Oct 15, 2005, 10:23 AM
Thread OP
Question

Any Colorado Front Range flyers been to OK Doke Sod Farm?

I've heard that there are some people who fly both helis and fixed wing aircraft out east of Longmont at the OK Doke Sod Farm. I have a Great Planes Gee Bee 90 for which I've been having a hard time finding enough runway to land. A nice wide open sod field sounds like the perfect place for an easy landing. I'm interested in finding out what it's like. Is it fairly flat, and how bumpy is it? Do the owners care if you drive right up and fly, or do you have to check in?

Thanks in advance-
Andy
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2005, 01:23 PM
I just wish the wind would die down here in Denver. I've only been able to fly once this week.

That sod farm sounds dreamy. All my good secret fields seem to be disappearing lately.
Oct 16, 2005, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tridim
I just wish the wind would die down here in Denver. I've only been able to fly once this week.
Heh, that's why I fly slope too... if it's calm, I head to the powered field, good times. If it's windy, I head up the hill and fly my slope gliders, still good times

Quick Reply