Oct 07, 2005, 08:58 AM
Thread OP

FAST LANE r/c R/C SPORTS BIKE

Hello everyone!

Hoverboy and I picked up 2 of these the other day Toys R Us. We tried one stock and it's very responsive and fun to drive. For such a little sucka it has kick. Today at lunch Hoverboy is going to up the power to a 6-cell pack from a mini-t in his.

I opened mine and I want to put in new electronics. I am thinking of gutting my rc-18 due to the fact that it's components are tiny and I think will fit into this little bike with out a problem.

It's like a mini Ducati!

Whatcha think?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2005, 09:50 AM
yeah my 4yo son has one, and he always brings it along when I drive my bike. I must say I find myself driving it from time to time. Really is a fun toy for the money.
Oct 07, 2005, 09:56 AM
STeve B in NC
I like to see more of this kind of thing as at least it makes folks aware that r/c bikes exist. More and more people say, "Oh yeah, I've seen them," instead of, "I've never heard of such a thing", when I tell them I'm into r/c bikes. Unfortunately, something like this little bike is probably what they think I mean.
Oct 07, 2005, 02:51 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
what scale is this bike?
Oct 07, 2005, 03:07 PM
Thread OP
It's smaller then a Kyosho hor. I don't think it is to scale. It's the same size as the 2 bikes from Tyco.
Hoverboy and I tried his with the Mini T pack and it rocks! But with mine I still want to install the rc 18 electronics to make it a real rc. Kinda like a mini Kyosho.

This bike is cool.
Oct 07, 2005, 03:26 PM
its screaming for some lipos and mamba LOL
Oct 07, 2005, 06:42 PM
Here is the fastlane, HOR, and TT

Butters how many cell miniT pack did you guys fit in it? Mine are all to big
Oct 07, 2005, 09:03 PM
Anything RC

Correction on battery size.....kyosho packs..

^jynx^......good picts on bikes sizes.....
I like the desktop screen??.."yellow bike"....

Your son will like this..........Connect..the kyosho 1100 batt pack...solder...6..standing up....I used a micro deans plug on the bikes inside poles + - ....I'm still using the original plug on the battery....(picts)....

I should go to full deans and a 1200 batt before "Butters" tries to out do me...
Oct 07, 2005, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverboy
^jynx^......good picts on bikes sizes.....
I like the desktop screen??.."yellow bike"....

Your son will like this..........Connect..the kyosho 1100 batt pack...solder...6..standing up....I used a micro deans plug on the bikes inside poles + - ....I'm still using the original plug on the battery....(picts)....

I should go to full deans and a 1200 batt before "Butters" tries to out do me...
the electronics held up to 6cells? how many packs have you ran threw it? might pick up some IB1200 cells(or have them pre make them) sence I am going to be ordering some for my HOR.

And here is my wallpaper

1280x1024
1024x768
832x624
800x600
Oct 08, 2005, 06:00 AM
Does it have a real chain?!
so, how much? Looks great for toying around with since I now have a new driveway and terrace that is ridiculously small for a TT or kyosho.
I'm willing to sacrifice some speed for a cheap toy that handles realisticly.
I'll fashion a little track and race it with my little nephew or so!
He really wanted one last time he saw my TT running but giving a 200 device to an 11 year old may be unwise, even if he's particularly responsible and mature for his age...

BTW, since its all plastic, a plane motor will probably get it to wheelie quite often.
Hows the grip of the tyres?
Oct 08, 2005, 11:45 AM
Anything RC

6 cell 1200 a ok.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^jynx^
the electronics held up to 6cells? how many packs have you ran threw it? might pick up some IB1200 cells(or have them pre make them) sence I am going to be ordering some for my HOR.

And here is my wallpaper

1280x1024
1024x768
832x624
800x600
^jynx^...... I've been running these 1100-1200 6 cell packs in these tycos and tyos....for around a year now....

Thanks for posting the pict.. .......very cool!
Oct 08, 2005, 11:47 AM
Anything RC

6 cell 1200 a ok.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^jynx^
^jynx^...... I've been running these 1100-1200 6 cell packs in these tycos and tyos....for around a year now....

Thanks for posting the pict.. .......very cool!
Oct 08, 2005, 11:48 AM
Anything RC
can someone delete my duplicate post...sorry....
Oct 08, 2005, 11:55 AM
Anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00p
Does it have a real chain?!
so, how much? Looks great for toying around with since I now have a new driveway and terrace that is ridiculously small for a TT or kyosho.
I'm willing to sacrifice some speed for a cheap toy that handles realisticly.
I'll fashion a little track and race it with my little nephew or so!
He really wanted one last time he saw my TT running but giving a 200 device to an 11 year old may be unwise, even if he's particularly responsible and mature for his age...

BTW, since its all plastic, a plane motor will probably get it to wheelie quite often.
Hows the grip of the tyres?
no real chain.... ...but it has real tires and spring shocks front and back.

$20 at toysrus....google it?...it handles real good too....the throttle kicks in all of a sudden but...perfect for you 2 too race around and compete.

Quick Reply