Oct 06, 2005, 07:40 PM
iWeasel
Thread OP
Yippee!

Field trip to the Point Mugu Airshow!

Southern Californians (and those with too many frequent flier miles and time on your hands),

I propose a little field trip to the NAS Point Mugu 2005 Airshow, featuring the Blue Angels!

It's October 22rd and 23rd, and the cost is free (except for preferred seating for the flight demonstrations). Let's meet up there and hang out!

Check this out: RC guys will be flying there from 8:00am to 8:45am on Saturday and Sunday.

Let's try to meet up for lunch at the event, or even dinner in Camarillo/Oxnard after the event.

Use this thread to arrange car pooling, etc. I want to go Saturday, and I'll drive whoever wants to go from SB/Goleta/Carp.

So....... who's in?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2005, 11:10 PM
Started with a Ringmaster
I will be there for sure.I have not seen the BA in like forever.Now the BA will be at Mira Mar the weekend before.

Ronnie
Oct 07, 2005, 01:16 AM
Just so happens that I'm going to be out in LA that weekend for the Edwards Airforce Base open house... the same weekend. My friend and I are going to hit EAB on saturday and Pt. Magu on Sunday. It's gonna be alot of driving but well worth it. I think the Blue Angels are gonna be at Pt. Magu - but the f-22 is gonna be at EAB... see ya there
Oct 07, 2005, 03:00 AM
Don't forget that the Point Mugu Dune is just down a bit on PCH Highway 1:

http://www.geocities.com/jpberti/rc

I've climbed it, its higher than it looks from the road.

Lance
Oct 12, 2005, 12:47 PM
ARE YOU READY KIDS???
Bump...
Sounds good to me... The cross in Ventura is just 20min north (Grant Park)
Oct 12, 2005, 01:19 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
I'm in, I'm driving my Scion xB and have room for up to three people. AFAIK Jon and a friend are coming with me, but that leaves one open seat.... who will it be, people? Don't miss your chance to save on the gas money of getting down there

Steve
Oct 12, 2005, 01:24 PM
iWeasel
Thread OP
That's right, two seats occupied. I booked them on Travelocity.
Oct 13, 2005, 01:39 PM
Blue Stick's Dad
I think I'm in to but am dissmayed at the rules listed on their website that prohibit coolers of any size and backpacks. How is any parent supposed to bring young kids (3 and 5 years old) to an event like this without being able to pack in supplies? It's making me question whether I can risk this all day adventure without 2 meltdowns.
Oct 13, 2005, 01:43 PM
iWeasel
Thread OP
For this one, I'm leaving my wife and daughter at home (for the same reason you state above). I just received two Blue Angels DVDs from a friend, so they can watch it from the comfort of our living room!
Oct 13, 2005, 03:27 PM
Are you guys going to bring some planes with you? There are a couple fun places to fly locally.

Pete
Oct 13, 2005, 03:30 PM
iWeasel
Thread OP
I wasn't planning to, but maybe Steve can talk me into it.
Oct 13, 2005, 03:49 PM
Goodpasture's FTW
I Wanna go! I dont know if i can get up there though...i might fly up to oxnard...but we will see.

Keith
Oct 13, 2005, 04:32 PM
The ol' XB certainly has room for a couple Whizzles, doesn't it? If you don't mind a little hike, I've got a very nice secluded spot - perfect for a relaxing flight while enjoying a cold beverage* and reflecting on life, love and air power! Heck, I'd even limp myself out to Mugu for that.

Pete

*Beer
ITL perks up ears
Oct 13, 2005, 05:07 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
The xB does indeed have room for a few pilots' worth of Whizzle-dizzles and the like. Heck, maybe even a Voltij...I need to get a roof rack and a Yakima SpaceBox, tell you what

Only thing I don't like is cooking the planes and radio gear in the car all day at the show. But... Weasels are designed to suffer, it's their lot in life, so they better like it!

Steve
Oct 13, 2005, 05:43 PM
It's presently a chilly 71 degrees at NTD (Pt. Mugu for you civies). And this is probably the warmest day of the week.

Besides, you can't kill a Weasel!

Pete

Quick Reply