gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Thread OP
Good luck Oz… !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2020, 02:12 PM

Ducted fan duck

EZ-canard with 54mm fan, enlarged cheater holes and 4s 850mah pushes it right a long.
Jan 21, 2020, 08:12 PM
mount thre of the up on it you'll have a battle star galactica viper
Jan 22, 2020, 06:14 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
A “ducted “ Duck !!! That’s COOL !!!
Jan 22, 2020, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by low down and dry
EZ-canard with 54mm fan, enlarged cheater holes and 4s 850mah pushes it right a long.
would one fly on 3-s instead of 4's I have the fan it never flew the plane it was for but don't have the 4-s to run it
Jan 22, 2020, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam555
would one fly on 3-s instead of 4's I have the fan it never flew the plane it was for but don't have the 4-s to run it
A lot depends on the motor kv, number of fan blades and diameter of fan. It's easy to try with just one sheet of DTF and a few hours. Give it a try.
The pictured EZ-fan did't do well on 3's but that was with small cheater holes.
Jan 22, 2020, 07:29 PM
I have the 54 mm from value hobby came all assembled, didn't do well on the great planes flying wing it was bought for, I might as well give it a try
could a higher amp esc help as well
Jan 23, 2020, 06:05 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
You may consider it never really was designed for a D/fan … But we’ll have to give that some thought …I could sorta’ envision a more A-10 style fan mounting with fixed V tail … Maybe better off on the “ New Canard ? I’ll have to make some pencil sketches …
Feb 06, 2020, 02:50 PM

Contagion continues

More than a dozen renditions at local field. Latest a biplane that is too small and too heavy and with 4 ailerons and too large a motor too large 9" prop that should be a real hand full. Surprise, it flew out of hand with an underhanded toss. Touch of down elevator and it awed all the nay sayers, to the builder's delight. All in $TF for a buck or 2.
Feb 07, 2020, 06:27 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
LD&D , That’s really Pretty COOL !!!
Feb 09, 2020, 11:33 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
Really like that angled Stealth Nose !!!… Looks Great !!! I never would have thought of that one !!!
Feb 12, 2020, 02:08 PM
Two windy days and Butch shows up with 2 new canards. The long easy is a Flight Test design. The other 2 are original renditions. All fly but the 29” wing much more relaxed feeling.
Feb 13, 2020, 05:54 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
Cool !!!
Feb 18, 2020, 07:23 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
LD&D , that Bipe canard keeps crossing my thoughts … I love Biplanes and Canards !!!
Feb 18, 2020, 06:59 PM
Lil Bit of old school tech in that triangle fuse NICE

Quick Reply