Oct 04, 2018, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam555
I used to be the same way, I felt that the flat wings flew, but a built up wing flew better, but I tried one to pass the winter afternoon, and was impressed at how well it flew even in the wind. now I'm looking at a kf airfoil, flat with some build up in the front, not the same as a built up wing but will have lift. anyway it's just for the quick build foamies, I mostly do wood, and covering, but the small foam planes are fun to fly at home
I have built in balsa for over 40 years but foam only 6 years . 0ne of my Ivans plan builds. My son is second year of high school now and with 40 or more hand built planes hanging my basement he like tanks :-) Go figure ! Joe
Last edited by cracksmeup; Oct 04, 2018 at 11:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2018, 01:55 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Crack , I was a balsa addict since I was 12 (1960 ) …. and then foam came along and we never bought balsa ever again …
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Oct 05, 2018, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
Crack , I was a balsa addict since I was 12 (1960 ) …. and then foam came along and we never bought balsa ever again …
Foam is fun to play with but I like balsa more . I get tired of big balsa builds then switch to foam for a few . Winter is coming so gearing up for a couple big balsa planes and got a shipment of balsa last week . Hard to find plans for a PL 12 airtruk are getting printed up now and worried about the weak booms failing off but carbon fiber should help them . I got a coffee pot , balsa , foam and to much glue so happy winter building gents !!! Joe
Oct 06, 2018, 05:17 AM
gpw
gpw
Sounds perfect !!!
Oct 06, 2018, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup
Foam is fun to play with but I like balsa more . I get tired of big balsa builds then switch to foam for a few . Winter is coming so gearing up for a couple big balsa planes and got a shipment of balsa last week . Hard to find plans for a PL 12 airtruk are getting printed up now and worried about the weak booms failing off but carbon fiber should help them . I got a coffee pot , balsa , foam and to much glue so happy winter building gents !!! Joe
yeah winter is starting up there, you should escape like me here it's warm and only 3 month's of real winter weather. we fly here year round. glad I escaped
Oct 07, 2018, 06:09 AM
gpw
gpw
… or here where we have a week of Winter …
Oct 07, 2018, 09:48 AM
Ha ha I worked as a carpenter outside for 30 years then a boss for 20 more every winter . I don’t plow anything any more I have a old jeep 1999 Cherokee 4x4 gets me around with no issues at all . I told my mentor Merlyn Graves not to move to God’s waiting room ( Florida) and he passed a way a year later . Arizona is to hot to fly or live in . I got family in MO and will shop or build a house there soon .
Oct 07, 2018, 10:25 PM
what part of mo
Oct 08, 2018, 07:06 AM
Quote:
what part of mo
around Willow Springs Mo :-) going there soon to find any Rc plane fields . I fly my 100 inch wingspan Short Solent seaplane off of water and iam sure there are plenty of lakes and rivers for all of my seaplanes I have built .:-) joe
Oct 08, 2018, 09:32 PM
I don't know exactly where that is, althoug I've heard of it, if it's near our pond should handle your plane and you'd be welcome to fly with us
Oct 08, 2018, 09:55 PM
Quote:
I don't know exactly where that is, althoug I've heard of it, if it's near our pond should handle your plane and you'd be welcome to fly with us
Ha ha I haven’t been there yet leaving soon tho . I will be there for three or four days and a day or more looking for homes to buy . I only fly electric now I sold off all my 1/3 scale gas and other nitro planes . Thanks for the invite I might take you up on visiting with you guys . Joe
Oct 10, 2018, 03:11 PM
Cracksmeup,
Welcome to MO! Willow Springs is about 90 minute east of Springfield and Ozark.
OzMo cuz I live in OZ ark Mo.
Come fly with us any time
West Plains is the bigger town just south of WS there used to be an RC shop in the Suzuki shop right on the highway at the edge of town.
I was there last week getting a canoe trailer. Four lane hwy all the way too.
VERY nice area
Last edited by ozmo01; Oct 10, 2018 at 03:19 PM.

Quick Reply