Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 09, 2005, 04:21 PM
please give us some pics with all the gear....its looks like fun.....thanks
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2005, 09:29 PM
You didn't say, is this a A/E/T set up, E being up front? Hope so as I just built the body, and only have a 3 ch Hitec Neon w/ dual rates!!
Oct 10, 2005, 06:35 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
ACT...aileron , canard , throttle!!!! This one is really DIRT SIMPLE,so easy to make ....I'd suggest cutting out a few (takes minutes) ...cause' everybody is going to want one...
I'll get pics of the eqpt. this AM ...when it gets light outside...
Gene , ya' know , we flew alot of these as gas planes some 20+ years ago .... they were a ball and I always wanted to make a few of these in electric , and now Foamie .... It really did fly great from the "git-go"....just like the "old ones".....Yes , a relief!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Were you guys able to make out the instructions OK???
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Oct 10, 2005, 02:34 PM
GPW,
what happened to the "Crawfish of the clouds " ?
any news!
Oct 10, 2005, 08:34 PM
Woodsy
Yep instructions were no probs, i'm gona try one of those cheapy BP21 CDR motors on 2 cells with 8x4
Only question i have is what is a 4% aerofoil as per previous post
Oct 10, 2005, 08:53 PM
Crash Master
The 4-40 airfoil is 4% thickness (of the chord), with the peak of the chord at 40% behind the leading edge.

So, in this case, the wing is 5.5" + 1.5" chord, so the thickness when the underchamber is formed would be .28" (plus the thickness of the foam). The peak of the underchamber would be 2.8" from the LE.
Oct 10, 2005, 09:20 PM
Trying to figure gear placement. At my nooooob skill level I'll probably crach it, but it was a quickie up to this point. Looks like battery will bu quite forward.
Oct 11, 2005, 05:34 AM
gpw
gpw
Guys , sorry about the gear pics ...I left my digicam over at my friends Guitar shop when we went over there to assess the damage from Katrina... Will return today to fetch it, and post the pics this evening ...gear placement in reality merely satisfies CG requirements....
I think the BP-21 might be a bit much for this size plane , you could make it larger...say 50%larger ...do the math ...SIMPLE!!!
The Crawfish , has been temporarily abandoned in favor of this plane which is a PROVEN super flyer ... I gotta' go where the Bozos go ...

Pray , in lieu of pics , the canard servo goes right behind the canard , the aileron servo ,under that , rx right behind that followed by the esc and of course the CDmotor on the back ... the CG is about 2 inches in front of the wing ... I guess pics would be better ... be back later
Did I mention that even the cheapest radio will work with this one ...no mixing required...
You can probably tell I'm really excited about this plane , cause' it flies like all the old ones ...GREAT!!! , but now at half the weight ....great flyers become SUPER flyers ....and for a canard to be this easy and fun , I think it is one of my best plane designs , and almost the simplest ...
Last edited by gpw; Oct 11, 2005 at 06:33 AM.
Oct 11, 2005, 06:27 AM
Woodsy
Whats the crawfish???
Oct 11, 2005, 07:32 AM
gpw
gpw
Crawfish of the clouds ...plans www.FoamFly.com/gallery/Glen we haven't given UP on it , just crashed our brittle pink foam prototype, and besides this one flies great , crawdaddy needed work ...
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Oct 11, 2005, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praymond
Trying to figure gear placement. At my nooooob skill level I'll probably crach it, but it was a quickie up to this point. Looks like battery will bu quite forward.
I see I'm not the only one who has trouble finding a place to work in his shop.

GPW, what's up with the Crawfish? I have the plans printed, was thinking about building one.

Good Luck!
Oct 11, 2005, 12:06 PM
rab
rab
Grounded in Arlington
I am currious about support for the main wings? Did you embed some skewers in them or is the loading so light that the wing don't get stressed?
Oct 11, 2005, 08:36 PM
Master of the figure 9
sorry double post
Last edited by Old Man; Oct 11, 2005 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Brain fade
Oct 11, 2005, 08:44 PM
Master of the figure 9
Glen I am glad to hear that you have found a place to fly and that you are getting some stick time. However, SLOW DOWN!!

I recently lost my mother and I am 2 weeks behind in school and trying to play catch up. I am gettng very little stick time and I have no time to build. Do you have any idea how hard it is to stay focused on school when you keep posting these fantastic planes!!!!!!!

I do have a BBA cut out that I am going to set up with a J250 on the front and the rear. Hopefully I can steal so time to work on it this weekend.
Oct 12, 2005, 06:24 AM
gpw
gpw
OM , sorry about MOM..... OK,I will .....but first , here's some pics of the eqpt. layout

Beave... Crawfish on hold for now .... wing rocking, all flying canard (wrong) and durability issues has forced a delay in the project ....

Rab , skewers (2) taped under the wing .... but it is so light , I don't think you'd need them for slowflying ...just good insurance...
Last edited by gpw; Oct 12, 2005 at 06:29 AM.

Quick Reply