Oct 03, 2005, 09:22 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

E-flite Ultimate Bipe from Horizon Hobby, where to find info???

E-flite Ultimate Bipe from Horizon Hobby, where to find info??? I've searched RC Groups off and on this afternoon and I've come up with very little. Is this plane so bad that no one posted on it. Please don't tell me that, I just bought a used one from a friend. At least I though he was a friend! Yeah, he is. Although the included servos (POS) are about as slow as molasses creeping up a hill.
---------------Thanks in advance,
---------------Bill
Last edited by Wild Bill; Sep 07, 2006 at 02:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2005, 09:37 PM
I personally don't have the plane, but I'm sure with the right setup, the plane should be just fine. It looks a lot like the ultrafly bi planes which seem to get decent comments. Get some Hs-55 servos and that may help with speed. You may even consider carbon pushrods if they're not already included to reduce slop. backyard flyer review

also a review from rcuniverse
eflite ultimate ep

There are also a couple of threads that I found about the plane on that site, so do a search and that should answer questions that you have

Hope this helps
Oct 03, 2005, 10:06 PM
I have one and flew the crap out of it. The nose is pretty much torn off for good now after too many low 3d manuvers . I used Bluebird 371 servos and an EFlite Park 400 outrunner although a Park 370 would have be enough.
Oct 03, 2005, 10:11 PM
it is an "old" plane, wait for the new ultimate FX, or go ultrafly, if you want a good bipe...
Oct 03, 2005, 10:38 PM
Thread OP
---PB 909, In both of those articles they don't mention the fact that there is a severe roll coupling problem that needs to be programed out with the Tx. That's why I read the reviews with more than a grain of salt. The 55's are in other planes for now, need to order more and some 56's. Good thing I quit smoking, my RC budget increased 41 days ago.
---chopped, I'm running a Typhoon 6 and TP 2s 1320's, marginal at best but I have a Hacker A20-20L, just need the right size 3s batteries. Good thing I quit drinking, my RC budget increased 41 days ago.
---emnm, Already bought the plane, flew it in the wind yesterday evening, need to buy some smaller props. Well there goes my steak sandwich for lunch at the club. That will help with my diet for all the weight I've gained in the last 41 days. WHAT AM I THING OF? I can cut down the props until the Watt Meter and motor says it loves me and still have lunch.
----------Bill
Last edited by Wild Bill; Oct 03, 2005 at 10:59 PM.
Oct 03, 2005, 11:25 PM
what kind of prop you running? On my A20-20L eflite yak, weighing in at almost 17oz before it died, I was running a 10x3.8 most of the time, and it was pretty good
Oct 04, 2005, 12:14 AM
Thread OP
emnm, What cells were you running and how many? I was going to run A20-20L, 10x4.7,"a" TP 3s 2100 Gen 2 ( burnt up my others this summer, it's still +/- 100 degrees here in the afternoon ) at first and adjust from there. It's what I have on hand for now. That will increase the E-flite Bipe's weight about 4 oz. to a total of 16 oz. That's OK if I can double the thrust but not the speed.
----------Bill
Latest blog entry: Summer temps
Oct 04, 2005, 05:45 AM
I was running polyquest 20C packs, a 1200 and 1500, they had plenty of amp draw for the a20... 10x4.7 is also a good prop, not quite as good for 3d though, if its only 16oz with the 2100, go for it, it's a bipe so it won't kill the wing loading too bad..
Oct 04, 2005, 06:07 AM
This site; E flight Ultimate bulding thread,
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=Ultimate+EP+3
Oct 04, 2005, 08:53 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42
I had this plane. Park370+gearbox eflite 20A, TP 3s 1320, 11X6 prop, GWS Pico servos+Gws 6Rx. I had to brace the nose a bit because of torque. But other than that it was great (well, landing gear stinks too). This was my first aileron plane, as well as first flat foamie. After a few flights I was comfortable enough to fly it in 10mph winds. Learned how to hover+khife edge with it. Mine did not have that much coupling. If you can already do 3d, you should be better off than me. I dumped it so many times learning that it was half ca and epoxy after a while. But I think it's an all-around good plane. I had servo arm extensions all around, so mine had much more deflection than stock.
Oct 04, 2005, 12:49 PM
Thread OP
---emnm-Thanks for the info.
---Downwind-Thanks for the url.
---Hugequark-Thanks for the info. My last plane was a Straight Edge 3D and it went from 10 oz. to 12.5 oz over the last few months. Epoxy may make for quick repairs but the weight adds up quickly the way I fly.
--------------Thanks,
--------------Bill
---By the way, whose going to the next Az Elect. Festival?
Latest blog entry: Summer temps

Quick Reply