New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2005, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by dannie watkins
Question

Simulator/Joy stick set up for a new guy

I recently bought a new Dragon Fly and was given websites for downloads of the FMS FLIGHT SIMULATOR and PPJoy joystick emulator. I dowloaded both and have a short cut to them on my desktop. I can open the FMS SIMULATOR and everything there seems to be ok. My problem is I then cannot get the PPJoy to interconnect to fly the simulator. The place I bought it said use ALT Tab to switch between programs but when I do I lose visual of the FMS. I have redownloaded both programs with he same result.!!! Someone please help and advise as I don't want to attempt the helocopter before getting he feel on the simulator. Please advise as I have had the copter a month without flying. Will be watching for your answer to my problem.
Last edited by dannie watkins; Oct 02, 2005 at 01:10 PM. Reason: miss spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2005, 01:45 PM
Find More Posts by stevehickey6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannie watkins
I recently bought a new Dragon Fly and was given websites for downloads of the FMS FLIGHT SIMULATOR and PPJoy joystick emulator. I dowloaded both and have a short cut to them on my desktop. I can open the FMS SIMULATOR and everything there seems to be ok. My problem is I then cannot get the PPJoy to interconnect to fly the simulator. The place I bought it said use ALT Tab to switch between programs but when I do I lose visual of the FMS. I have redownloaded both programs with he same result.!!! Someone please help and advise as I don't want to attempt the helocopter before getting he feel on the simulator. Please advise as I have had the copter a month without flying. Will be watching for your answer to my problem.
been a long time since i used that program but have you tried starting ppjoy first then fms

just a thought
Old Oct 02, 2005, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by dannie watkins

FMS & PPJOY

I'll Try It And See What We Get. The Instructions Said Start Fms And Then Ppjoy But, Who Knows, Thanks.
Old Oct 06, 2005, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by aantoin
I have FMS as well and the first time starting it I didnt have visual either. I had sound though. What I did was I started to reduce the visual aspects of the program and found out a how to fix it. I went into Graphics and then options and turned off the mipmaping under textures. Now I get a great visual but its not completely clear but it works. I have an old video card (8mb). This is my problem. -----Tony