Oct 01, 2005, 02:34 PM
Blue skies forever!!
Thread OP

"Sprinter" spoilerons w/ elevator mixed in?

I'm setting up my Reichard "Sprinter" hotliner that I bought from www.soaringusa.com. I'm going to install an Aveox F-10 w/gearbox, 80amp ESC, 10-cell TP 2400NiMh battery. This baby should be a rocket!! Anyway, do you guys recomend using the ailerons as spoilerons to slow down easier for landings? If so, how much up throw should I dial in? Also I've read that some guys mix in roughly 10% of UP elevator to compensate for when the spoilerons are deployed. Is that a good idea and the right amount? Thanks for any advice and info you could give me.

Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2005, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfirem9
Anyway, do you guys recomend using the ailerons as spoilerons to slow down easier for landings? If so, how much up throw should I dial in?
Yes, the ailerons should both go up for landing control. They should go up as much as reasonably possible with your linkages or about 45 degrees up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfirem9
Also I've read that some guys mix in roughly 10% of UP elevator to compensate for when the spoilerons are deployed. Is that a good idea and the right amount?
10% is about right to start with but the elevator compensation should go DOWN not UP. You will likely need to adjust the compensation after test flying. Also, don't wait until landing to test the compensation. Try it with some altitude first.

Chuck
Oct 04, 2005, 11:40 AM
Blue skies forever!!
Thread OP
Thanks Chuck for the info. I'll give it a try.

Jeff
Oct 04, 2005, 02:43 PM
Single-task at best...
Jeff,

I've just put a Sprinter together for a clubmate. There's a thread here;

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ight=sprinter+

I was surprised to find that there was little, if any, trim change when the spoilerons were deployed.

tim

Quick Reply