Head Rush
Discussion

New Ultrafly Ultimate

Does anyone have more info on this one?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLCA8&P=0
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2005, 10:31 AM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
I noticed that a while back when I was browing through the "new" section. It looks really nice and similar to the e-flite ultimate though this one appears to have something other than a flat plate airfoil. It seems a bit pricey though.
Sep 24, 2005, 12:27 PM
Toof-fairy
Hi

This plane looks rather nice, wonder what the wing loading is, and the powerplant. Tower hobbies says late sept it should be available, and thats usually when more info comes.

Im still building my outrage so this is worth looking at next
Oct 03, 2005, 12:20 PM
Ordered mine with their brushless motor today from Tower. It should be here by the end of the week. Maybe I can maiden it next weekend.
Oct 03, 2005, 02:30 PM
Prying Open My Third Eye
Fantastic looking bipe, let us know how she does SG
Oct 03, 2005, 02:42 PM
Any specs?

Wing span
Weight
Power systems
Oct 05, 2005, 08:39 AM
AA6JB
I ordered one from tower yesteday, knowing it was B/O 'd til it comes in .... just checked and it says order is processing and will ship within 24 hours. Called tower and he confirmed it is in warehouse and will ship within 24-48 hours
Oct 05, 2005, 08:47 AM
Please let us know what the decals are like when it arrives.
Oct 05, 2005, 11:05 AM
Still no specs?
Oct 10, 2005, 01:53 PM
Re-kit'r extraordinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUARE ROOT
Still no specs?
I have a friend that works in a hobby shop, and was wanting one of the new Eflite Ultimates. When I aquired about it he said he had one and would bring it home. When he got it to me, it ended up being the Ultrafly.. I sent it back. One good thing about it, it comes with a free APC prop. Other than that, I wouldn't want one. It's made of standard white GWS type foam, and you have to apply ALL the stickers. Doean't appear it would be very strong to me. Whether or not it flys well, I can't say, but for the money I'll definately wait for the Eflite one. I'll await a flight report, but don't think I'll ever want one.

Rick
Oct 10, 2005, 02:42 PM
FLY PEMBREY (PFC)
Ive seen a very close up pic of the fuse on one of these and would say the fuse is the same as the outrage and furious which definately anit no GWS foam and is by far the stongest foam plane Ive had....they are 'Trev proof' which is 'Strong' in old money

***Charlie can you clarify this please***

Trev
Oct 10, 2005, 02:57 PM
3d and EDF, some scale
yeah, ive been waiting for this nice ultimate for awhile to. ive got a few of there other foam planes(f16,su27) and ive had the extra, outrage, and furious. looks like the same fuse design based around the outrage and furious. these two bipes are VERY hard to beat as that they will last and do all the tricks well! hopefully the lhs gets some of these in so i can have new eye candy lol. I have the wattage built-up ultimate which is very stable and fly in 20mph winds no problem and if this one is anything like that its a keeper
Oct 11, 2005, 12:41 AM
Re-kit'r extraordinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky2971
Ive seen a very close up pic of the fuse on one of these and would say the fuse is the same as the outrage and furious which definately anit no GWS foam and is by far the stongest foam plane Ive had....they are 'Trev proof' which is 'Strong' in old money

***Charlie can you clarify this please***

Trev
Well, I've touched the foam, and I compare it to the E-starter. will be kinda heavy also. If you like that kind of foam, and like putting large stickers on (including the fuse) go for it. I'll pass for the Eflite. Like I said, you get a free APC prop..

Rick
Oct 12, 2005, 07:31 AM
RC Player
Hi,

Though we all use EPS as our major foam material, the key difference is in the molding and production process. EPS still have many different grade, weight & component difference. Talking about this is too technical.

For some models we use higher density EPS foam than GWS, for some models we use the same as GWS. It really depends on the nature of that model. Actually we have used 4-5 different foam in our production line. It really depents!

Charlie

BTW,
Rick,
We have built a exact model as your Eflite Ultimate. We know perfectly how good it is and all the weakness on that model. It is a beautiful model for sure! Actully more beautiful than ours. But you should try a real airfoil wing Ultimate to see the real difference indoors or outdoors.
I believe someone in Ezone will buy both of these 2 models and knows what I am talking about. A very simple example
Why those TOC models do not use a flat board as their wing airfoil?
Oct 12, 2005, 08:33 AM
Same Day Delivery
RIGHT ON CHARLIE!!!! Just dont over-price it and you'll sell all you can make!!!

Quick Reply