Sep 21, 2005, 09:26 PM
Thread OP

LC-90 VTOL Jet

I am fully designing and building a turbine powered jet for my metal shop project @ school.
It is a tailless Blended Wing Body (BWB) design with a single turbine. The turbine is at the planes C/G and can vector it thrust to to nozzles on the sides for Verticle Take Off or Landing (VTOL). Also the aft nozzle is a 90 degree vectoring nozzle I am testing. I have included a gif animation of its design.
The tailless design presents a lot of problems, including stability. As you can see from my design page the trailing edge of the plane is in a "W" shape, like the X-36. This should stabilize it enough. To read more about this advancment active on the X-36 and the B-2 Spirit read Saga of the Hang-gliders Northrop
I have also integrated a new way to produce thrust called the Biefeld-Brown effect. The leading edge of the plane is charged with a high voltage to ionize the air around it while the engine pushes out ionized exhaust in the same fashion. The intire surface of the aircraft is a High-K (50,000k) dielectric ceramic called Xomite. It is very light (1/3rd weight of normal cement) Basicaly the plane is a flying capacitor, yes, the same as found in electronics.
I know a lot about planes but have never build a RC Plane before so correct me if anyone sees anything I might be doing wrong.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2005, 09:35 PM
Thread OP

LC-90 Vectoring Nozzle

!!!THIS MAY TAKE SOME TIME TO LOAD!!!
but its worth it!
Sep 22, 2005, 01:34 PM
Thread OP

wronge place to post

i have moved this thread to the correct location.
Fueled Jets. so check it out there. if a administator wants to deleat this thread, go ahead.

Quick Reply