Sep 21, 2005, 06:45 PM
Mt. Airy, NC
Thread OP

Fun Fun Fun, ways to have FUN !!

I tell ya.. the rush i use to get from doing aerial photography with an RC plane doesn't come close to flying these speed demons hahaha..
My neighbor and i fly almost every evening. Our back yards join together and there's plenty of room. We take turns (until he gets back into RC and gets his own) flying my brushless slinger. This evening i went out and set up a badminton net and we were flying under it.. what a blast !!! Sure gets your adrenaline going !

Soo, what other things have you all come up with.. As soon as he can get it he'll get a slinger as well so we can have some good ole dog fights.. any other suggestions or things you all have done to get that heart to pumpin haha?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2005, 12:25 AM
It's been a while.
Try bowling.
Set up your pins and knock them down with a low flyby/landing.
Extra points if you fly away from it.
Sep 22, 2005, 05:10 PM
do it...INVERTED!
Sep 22, 2005, 09:29 PM
The wing is the thing
I dug out my old zagi 400X and put some leds on it. Night flying is a whole new challange.
Sep 23, 2005, 08:41 AM
Mt. Airy, NC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian
Chasing tourists around at a beach luau at night with my "nitewing" pictured below
sweet! is that the Glowire setup ?
Sep 23, 2005, 05:44 PM
KILLER OF GIANTS !!!
yes, 10' of aquamarine glowire,2 hi intensity white LEDs, 2 hi intensity red LEDs. When it's flying, the little glowire tails that trail off the winglets flap and flutter around. it's very trippy looking
Sep 25, 2005, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian
yes, 10' of aquamarine glowire,2 hi intensity white LEDs, 2 hi intensity red LEDs. When it's flying, the little glowire tails that trail off the winglets flap and flutter around. it's very trippy looking
That looks like sooo much fun!
Are you useing the 9v battery set they send with it or are you useing the flight pack?
I have that setup but the 9v batt seems heavy.
Sep 25, 2005, 03:12 PM
KILLER OF GIANTS !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwtazz
That looks like sooo much fun!
Are you useing the 9v battery set they send with it or are you useing the flight pack?
I have that setup but the 9v batt seems heavy.

I tap directly into the main pack. If you use a pack larger than 8 cell(9.6v), you must use a resistor or things get a little warm.
Lono
Sep 25, 2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Sep 25, 2005, 03:53 PM
The wing is the thing
I am surprised that no one has mentioned power line limbo. Flying under or between the wires. Also trying to do a grind across a wire is fun. I'm sure the safety police will be all over this one.
Sep 25, 2005, 04:00 PM
I've done loops around the power lines until I go dizzy!
I sure am glad this wing is not conductive!
The lines make a neat noise when you hit one.

Kids: don't do this at home.
Sep 26, 2005, 01:47 PM
How about instead of powerlines, using clotheslines, or set up your own "flying wing stunt park". Kinda like those skate parks for kids to do their tricks on their skateboards, etc. It might be kinda fun to set up some different obstacles and stunt surfaces. wires for grinding, limbo, etc, then some fake trees..or even real ones...little walls or something.
Sep 26, 2005, 05:41 PM
Yep I got another one.

simple wing plans

ANyone have some simple wing plans that I can whip up using 3mm?
Sep 26, 2005, 06:24 PM
Silent but deadly

Glowire

Where do you get the glow wire. I'd love to fit that on a bunch of different planes. For now, I'm only flying a slowstick at night. Something faster would be great!!!

Quick Reply