Sep 21, 2005, 09:24 AM
I love the smell of 100LL
Thread OP

Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2

The original thread can be located here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377311

I thought the first one was getting pretty large since it was taking people days to read through it.

To start part 2 off properly, I thought I would submit a video showing the on-board performance of a totally stock PZ P-51. It features several different on board camera views and an original recording of the Army Air Corps. theme.

I hope you enjoy it.

Monitor

https://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/sho...cat=500&page=1
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2005, 09:45 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Nice video What is your elevation abouve sea level where you took the film?

JimNM
Sep 21, 2005, 09:47 AM

Did YOU just "start something"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by monitor
................To start part 2 off properly, I thought I would submit a video showing the on-board performance of a totally stock PZ P-51. It features several different on board camera views and an original recording of the Army Air Corps. theme.
I hope you enjoy it.
Monitor https://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/sho...cat=500&page=1
OK, did you "just start something"??? or am I a "late comer" and missed all the fun earlier?????

The video is very interesting, but now wondering about the camera; (if this HAS been discussed before, refer me back (with apologies).....

Is cam currently avail??? where? weight?? how mounted (esp on wing(s)??)

I have a friend who has PZ P-51 but I'm not skilled enough to fly these yet.

Thanks for making this post.

LarryR
Sep 21, 2005, 09:55 AM
RCAPA #005
I bought the same camera, but not having the nice results you are. That was the best in-flight movie I've seen on this site so far.
Sep 21, 2005, 10:48 AM

for Kingston

Quote:
for Kingston: (on the Stryker vs P-51 decision)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
wanna follow you and see how you DO it...................I won't say anymore HERE either in respect for the P-51 theme.
LarryR
kingston, read your PM's (private mail).

sorry guys

LarryR
Sep 21, 2005, 12:58 PM
Thread OP
Not sure what you are asking when you say, "did you "just start something"???" I started the original thread and have seen several people commenting on the size, so I thought I would just start a new one much like the stryker guys did.

The camera is an Octave Multipod 5-in-1. It records 6 minutes of video at the resolution shown, and 12 minutes at half that resulution. It also takes pictures, sound recordings, and can act as a small usb hard drive.

The camera is currently available all over the place. It weighs very little and that makes mounting it relatively easy after I recieved a tip from bomberguy. His suggestion works perfectly: take that purple painters tape and put that on the wing (or wherever) to protect the paint. Then put a good strip of velcro on the tape and your camera. When you are done, you can just remove the painter tape without any damage. The camera on the wing worked well because I put a similar size and weight wood block on the opposite wing in order to keep everything in balance. The roll rate was a bit slower with the additional mass at the wingtips, but I swear it seemed to have better slow speed handling with the improvised "winglets"

When the camera was mounted in the side, the drag was a bit more, and yaw was apparent as well, but the view makes up for that I think.

Any more informaiton needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
OK, did you "just start something"??? or am I a "late comer" and missed all the fun earlier?????

The video is very interesting, but now wondering about the camera; (if this HAS been discussed before, refer me back (with apologies).....

Is cam currently avail??? where? weight?? how mounted (esp on wing(s)??)

I have a friend who has PZ P-51 but I'm not skilled enough to fly these yet.

Thanks for making this post.

LarryR
Sep 21, 2005, 12:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM
Nice video What is your elevation abouve sea level where you took the film?

JimNM
620 ft above sea level. Thanks for the compliment.
Sep 21, 2005, 01:02 PM
Thread OP
Wow that is nice to say. I really tried to make it fun to watch. I have over an hour of inflight videos and it is hard to narrow it down to 3 minutes. If anyone has suggestions as to what they would like to see, I could put the footage in another video that I am starting to make.

MGBGTRacer, if you need help mounting your camera let me know or check out my post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBGTRacer
I bought the same camera, but not having the nice results you are. That was the best in-flight movie I've seen on this site so far.
Sep 21, 2005, 04:26 PM
Monitor, that might just be the coolest video out there.
Sep 21, 2005, 04:31 PM
it's been said, just not enough! that's one awesome video! love the era fx you used and that music!
Sep 21, 2005, 05:08 PM
Me and a guy with a mustache

Good news for PZ P-51D Fans!

Not sure if this is already old news, but the Parkzone P-51D is now available as an ARF, P.N. PKZ1570. Street price should be around $100.

It includes the entire painted and stickered airframe (including pilot) with pushrods already installed. Unfortunately, it also includes the stock motor, gearbox and prop.

Not included are: Transmitter, receiver/ESC unit, servos, battery and charger.
Sep 21, 2005, 06:26 PM

Great Video

Monitor:

Absolutely amazing!!! That video took me back to watching those newsreels of WWII history. Looked like one of the period pieces of propoganda films our gov't made to rally support for the troops. The editing was great, and the theme music couldn't have been more appropriate! Great job! Even the wife was impressed
Sep 21, 2005, 06:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68ss350
Monitor:

Absolutely amazing!!! That video took me back to watching those newsreels of WWII history. Looked like one of the period pieces of propoganda films our gov't made to rally support for the troops. The editing was great, and the theme music couldn't have been more appropriate! Great job! Even the wife was impressed
EXACACTLY!!!

Over the weekend I dug out some tapes I have of training videos made for G.I.'s back in the late 30's early 40's, and I tried to get the same look in my video. Some of the commentary of those training films is quite interesting to say the least.
Sep 21, 2005, 08:55 PM
Very cool videos... Congratulations from the crew at ParkZone!

David

Quote:
The original thread can be located here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377311

I thought the first one was getting pretty large since it was taking people days to read through it.

To start part 2 off properly, I thought I would submit a video showing the on-board performance of a totally stock PZ P-51. It features several different on board camera views and an original recording of the Army Air Corps. theme.

I hope you enjoy it.

Monitor

https://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/sho...cat=500&page=1
Sep 21, 2005, 09:49 PM
That is a beautiful video. You just about showed every angle.

Beautiful! I think Parkzone should use this video on the website.

Just awesome!

Quick Reply